Super spacefortress Macross arcade build.

Fot

It always extra special when two or more hobbies intersect.  I am a big fan of  Macross and arcade games, so I was stoked when I found out there was a Macross based arcade game. The excitement  quickly went away when I saw the price tag for these pcb boards.  After about a year I found a  board at a decent price.  Since this was a kit game, it doesn't  have  much in way of cabinet art. It does  have a marquee, but i dont like the way it looks so I am going to test my hand at designing all the cabinet art. I got the cabinet painted  and just finished up the coin door.

Screenshot_20240322_095818_Gallery.jpg

20240324_135956.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice!,  my project is still stumbling along,   Need to get some art printed out,  and find someway to fabricate the plexi overlay like you did on your Dynamo Cab.

Your not kidding about the PCB price.. I lucked out and got mine years ago for only $150.. now they are 700+   jeesh.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Very nice!,  my project is still stumbling along,   Need to get some art printed out,  and find someway to fabricate the plexi overlay like you did on your Dynamo Cab.

Your not kidding about the PCB price.. I lucked out and got mine years ago for only $150.. now they are 700+   jeesh.

Yeah I got the pcb for around $600, not a great deal but not horrible.  Most the ones I found hovered around a 900 plus. 

If you have access to a wet tile saw it makes some very nice cuts on plexiglass.

I also have aero fighters pcb ins this Cab, gonna get a jamma switcher so I can play both. I had originally planned to do a custom aero fighters Cab with  Top gun themed art.

20240326_185745.jpg

Edited by Fot