Konno Sangyo - Macross legacy toymaker?

djivaldi7

Toy maker? Saw a destroid advertised on  Mandarake... had never seen the brand before.  Came to realize they've been around since the 1960s and get credited for popularizing the gashapon industry?

No idea what scale or articulation level these are either but they look better than a KO since presumably they got licensed. 

Looks like they did 5 types, VF-1s,j,armored, tomahawk and z-battlepod...

02551610090.jpg

Screenshot_20240202_064717_Chrome.jpg

Edited by djivaldi7
Redo of images file type

11 hours ago, djivaldi7 said:

Toy maker? Saw a destroid advertised on  Mandarake... had never seen the brand before.  Came to realize they've been around since the 1960s and get credited for popularizing the gashapon industry?

No idea what scale or articulation level these are either but they look better than a KO since presumably they got licensed. 

Looks like they did 5 types, VF-1s,j,armored, tomahawk and z-battlepod...

02551610090.jpg

Screenshot_20240202_064717_Chrome.jpg

I love those little Kayodo trading figures. My favorite was the Tomahawk IMG_1466.jpeg.b8d8bc0b7e7e3cf324efb685eda77e36.jpegIMG_1465.jpeg.9bcec11791050fb26982a57fa7279ff7.jpeglots of fun for lil guys

18 hours ago, djivaldi7 said:

Nice detail and articulation

The joints are actually very simplistic, but a few kaiyodo toys around the time had similar joint styles. They were barely jointed, but the joint angles made it appear to get very dynamic poses with simple movement. The simplicity kinda made them fun to pose since it felt like no matter what, the pose would end up forced into a cool looking position.

There were also some really cool little Devil May Cry trading figures that were similarly made for the first and second games. I think there was another line, but I’m forgetting the name right now