Macross Paint by Numbers

Ghost

My kiddo really likes to do Paint by Numbers paintings and I like Macross so I thought why not combine the two!  Found a company online that will let you order custom ones and they supply both the canvas and all the paints.  Nice way to have the family participate in Macross even if they will not watch it!

Valk.jpg

The before picture I took looks like a blank canvas. :( I found this picture from one of the other ones she did and the Valk painting was just like it.  The lay it out on the canvas with light lines and send you a printed guide that is darker as well.  It is just like in the old days, each section has a number that corresponds to a specific paint color which has the same number.  You just fill in the area with the right color of paint and watch the whole thing come to life.  I really enjoyed seeing her progress as she went along!  She is in her mid teens and this is definitly a kit for either a teen or adult.  I am in no way affiliated with any company, but a pro tip is to order the paiting framed where it is already mounted, I didnt on her first one and it cost me just as much to try and do it myself.  I also always order them with the extra paints just in case she leaves one open and it dries out.  All in it was just under $100 but it kept her entertained for about 3 weeks on and off.

Painting Before.PNG

• 1 month later...

Masterpiece by Numbers - https://usa.masterpiecebynumbers.com/ 

On the website they have an option for Custom Paintings.  You just upload the image and if you want the kit mounted or not and they send you everything you need.  I definitely reccommend the mounted option, we did the non-mounted one once and it was not nearly worth the hassle to mount it and I am not sure I even saved any money.