Studio HalfEYE Macross kits- YF-19 and Vf-5000B

frankell05

Hello

I have been an intense fan of these models kits for a long time, and recently I found this japanese fella that posted his builds of these kits on youtube. They are really good videos featuring the fully assembled kits, as well as, the process. I think this guy deserves a follow and for folks to check out his model kit tutorial videos, as they are pretty cool.

Here are the video links

This hit me hard  in the nostalgia regions

PS: If anyone want to post their studio half eye builds in this thread, it would be cool to see them. 

On 2/4/2023 at 9:33 PM, Big s said:

I never had the cash back in the day, but used to dream about how cool I thought these were 

When I bought the one I had originally, It was siting on a shelf on a store called Anime Plus (long gone) It sat there forever, calling my name, until I had enough money and bugged my mom enough to take me to the store to get it. When I finally brought it home I realized I was over my head, but still enjoyed it. 15 years I tracked most of the remainder kits, but Have only partially build most of them so far.  I built the vf-5000, but once again screwed up the screw holes....

1 hour ago, frankell05 said:

Very nice !  When did you build it? How was your experience?  I am posting my yf-19 below.  Btw, I am originally from Chile, but live in the US now. Are you in Santiago?

I didn't build it myself. I paid someone else to do it since I don't consider myself skilled enough to do it.

I've bought 5 of this kit and 2 of the YF-19. Unfortunately, four YF-21 and one YF-19 I sent to a scammer and never again saw those kits.

Now I have a VF-11B, a YF-19 and a VF-5000 waiting to be built.

Yes, I'm in Santiago 

You did a great job on that YF-19.