Gundam Evolve

mikeszekely

Seems there's two, the first Gundam Evolve and Gundam Evolve Plus. Well, out of curiousity, I ordered myself a copy of Evolve Plus. But what I want to know is, what exactly are they? Is there some story to be found? Did I waste my money? Should I try to find the first one?

They all can be had fansubbed if you get a good bittorrent server.

To elaborate on what DA said, they are essentially CGI and animated commercials that were bundled with PG kits. They have some neat CGI which usually is fanboy stuff showing Gundams doing Tai Chi (G Gundam), and huge detail on the PG RX-178MKII that shows all the arm pistons and leg joints, and some other stuff. There's a music video set to the background scenes of how a HG RX-78 is designed, test built, molded, boxed and shipped (this is also available as an extra on the CCA DVD).

So, no story at all, ust lots of supplemental fanboy stuff.

All in all, if you want them, download them, or get them cheap, like less than 10 bucks cheap. The advantage to downloading them is that they are fansubbed, whereas the DVD's are not.

They all can be had fansubbed if you get a good bittorrent server.

To elaborate on what DA said, they are essentially CGI and animated commercials that were bundled with PG kits. They have some neat CGI which usually is fanboy stuff showing Gundams doing Tai Chi (G Gundam), and huge detail on the PG RX-178MKII that shows all the arm pistons and leg joints, and some other stuff. There's a music video set to the background scenes of how a HG RX-78 is designed, test built, molded, boxed and shipped (this is also available as an extra on the CCA DVD).

So, no story at all, ust lots of supplemental fanboy stuff.

All in all, if you want them, download them, or get them cheap, like less than 10 bucks cheap. The advantage to downloading them is that they are fansubbed, whereas the DVD's are not.

Thanks for all the info, guys!

I lack the patience to download any video over 5 minutes in length, due to the fact that absolutely no form of broadband is available in this apartment. :angry: I ordered Evolve Plus from Animeniacs along with part 3 of Macross Zero, each were only $11.50. As for the first one, I think I can rent it at my local anime store, so I'll check it out there.

If it's really just kind of fanboy stuff, does it really need subs? For the most part, I didn't feel like I needed them for the 20th Anniversary Macross fanboy stuff DVD.

Hey, it looks like some of the CGI stuff is from the PlayStation 2 games. Is that right?

Yeah they are basically 5 short clips of various gundam shows

1st one is scenes from MSG of Amuro piloting the gundam and all the fights he fought in it then launching into battle at the end.

2nd one is the Gundam MK.II in a simulated battle (completly CG)

3rd one is the God gundam doing some martial arts stuff

4th one is the GP-03 blowing crap up then at the end you see blueprints for the Gp-04 :huh:

5th one is Nu gundam Vs. Alpha Azrial but ends MUCH more different then CCA.

Evolve 1 and 3 came on one DVD that was distributed to retailers who gave them out as raffle prizes. To get a raffle ticket, you have to buy a certain yens' worth of Gundam kits.

Evolve 2 came with the first pressing PG Mk-II AEUG version. Does not come with reissues and the Titans version.

Evolve 4 came with the first pressing HGUC Dendrobium.

Evolve 5 was supposedly written and directed by Tomino and was only available on the DVD compilation that features the previous 4 installments.

Edited by Jolly Rogers