1/100 VF-0S swap transformation

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Do you guys like the notion of swap transformation on the new VF-0?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you guys like the notion of swap transformation on the new VF-0?

• 1-SHin of COURSE not...perfect transformation only! or too small
    • 2-Sure it is going to be cheap and plentiful...AFFORDABLE..nice TOY too
    • 3-MIXED feelings. like how it is cheap, dislike the transformation

I just think the approach is too drastic.

That's like if BMW decided they weren't selling enough cars, and instead of selling something that was a little smaller with all the features, or the same size with fewer features, they come back with something that looks and feels like a Ford Festiva.

Not to mention that everytime you wanted to change gears, you'd have to have the tires rotated.

I just think the approach is too drastic. 

That's like if BMW decided they weren't selling enough cars, and instead of selling something that was a little smaller with all the features, or the same size with fewer features, they come back with something that looks and feels like a Ford Festiva.

Not to mention that everytime you wanted to change gears, you'd have to have the tires rotated.

:lol:

you guys seem to forget that a lot of japanese fans from the yamato and big west BBS try to go here and translate often so they can talk about our scoops on their boards. Remember when Graham said he had to be more mum on scoops because the qrau was announced too early and a lot more stuff was given away?

I don't think the 1/48 effectively killed the 1/60 line...BUt I know it sold very very well. I am not sure but I think the 1/48 hikaru 1a sold a lot btter than its previous 1/60 inception...remember how one month later yamato was sold out of the 1/48 a form its warehouses? That means high demand. Now we see the bandais sitting and gathering dust on te shelves. The japanese market must clamor for accuracy and such if they would let such classic gems sit and gather dust while the initial run of 1/48s for a time flew off the shelves. NOW while I do hate the transformation at least this thing is accurate and detailed as well as presumably cheap. BUt like toma said earlier if this thing was pfcttform in ANY scale I would be all over it as well. I think we need to see more pictures of the transformation. From what I can see, I think the whole nose and cockpit/fuesalage section needs to be swapped out. The locking point in fighter mode is cleverly hidden by the LERXes and the heatshield/chest section. I think the nose might actually the only thing you swap out unless the backpack has to be swapped as wel...although I do see folding points on the vert stabilizers. NOw what would make this thing cool is to include a stand. BUt even if I am convinced the transformation is a lot more simpler than I tend to think I would still hold hope for a perfect transform. I could throw accuracy out for a toy like tha...has to be ya know for the most part accurate but something in the likes of the 1/48 VF-1...now that thing ....oh lovely. IF we get a VF-0 like that then kick as I am all over it.

Meh, I don't mind the removable parts thing. Yamato already has a nice solution for a stable nose cone piece thanks to the problems of the 1/48. I can only hope they devise a better leg removal solution as I didn't care for the way the 1/60 did it. With no Diecast, the toy should be much lighter, and they should be able to have snap-on solutions rather than the 1/60's metal tab/hole connection where you had to take off the entire leg just to get it out of fighter mode.

you guys seem to forget that a lot of japanese fans from the yamato and big west BBS try to go here and translate often so they can talk about our scoops on their boards.

What are the URL's for those boards?

Don't bother with BigWest forum, it's mostly dead.

2ch is the place you want to check, but it'll do you no good unless you can read Japanese.

2ch Yamato Macross Toy Thread

Strange rules however with the 2ch forums. After 1000 posts, all threads must be recreated, so the link will not last forever.

hey imode have you been able to transalte any of those threads? know emiko used to btu I dont think she is part o these boards anymore.

I read them when I'm bored.

I'll translate a few fun ones for you, especially concerning the 1:100.

#219 - Seems like Yamato's making the VF-0 @ 1:100 around 4000 yen. Swapping parts is pretty lame. Not even Banpresto's had to do that.

#226 - (regarding q-rau) 12800 yen!? Screw that.

#232 - Ideon rocks! VF-0 is the suck! Consider yourself warned!

#276 - How many stands will you people be buying?

#277 - Lots.

#283 - Bullshit!

#284 - Bullshit!

#288 - I just saw the announcement for the 1:100 simple transformation in a magazine. I know they're trying to time it with the release of the OVA series.... but if Yamato has so much time on their hands WHY CAN'T THEY GIVE US THE YF19FP!?

#289 - Simple Transformation?? What's that mean? It can transform perfectly, but can't move?

#290 - It'll be like the K&M. You have to switch parts around.

#291 - 1:100? I'd rather have a Takatoku.

#292 - I'd buy tons.... of the stand I mean.

#298 - Sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks x 50 - Yamato sucks.

#359 - 361 is funny, but not suitable for translation for younger readers :)

#364 - Have they announced the 1/48 Koenig Monster yet? Kthx.

#365 - Hello everyone, I'm Min Rinmei!

#366 - MIIIINNMEEEEIII!!!!!! (starts goin off topic here)

#379 - Yamato's new newsletter was full of crap again. Nothing about the stand. (Yesterday's newletter. No mention of anything except for Yamato's new Ikkitousen toy.)

hey imode have you been able to transalte any of those threads?  know emiko used to btu I dont think she is part o these boards anymore.

I read them when I'm bored.

I'll translate a few fun ones for you, especially concerning the 1:100.

#219 - Seems like Yamato's making the VF-0 @ 1:100 around 4000 yen. Swapping parts is pretty lame. Not even Banpresto's had to do that.

#226 - (regarding q-rau) 12800 yen!? Screw that.

#232 - Ideon rocks! VF-0 is the suck! Consider yourself warned!

#276 - How many stands will you people be buying?

#277 - Lots.

#283 - Bullshit!

#284 - Bullshit!

#288 - I just saw the announcement for the 1:100 simple transformation in a magazine. I know they're trying to time it with the release of the OVA series.... but if Yamato has so much time on their hands WHY CAN'T THEY GIVE US THE YF19FP!?

#289 - Simple Transformation?? What's that mean? It can transform perfectly, but can't move?

#290 - It'll be like the K&M. You have to switch parts around.

#291 - 1:100? I'd rather have a Takatoku.

#292 - I'd buy tons.... of the stand I mean.

#298 - Sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks x 50 - Yamato sucks.

#359 - 361 is funny, but not suitable for translation for younger readers :)

#364 - Have they announced the 1/48 Koenig Monster yet? Kthx.

#365 - Hello everyone, I'm Min Rinmei!

#366 - MIIIINNMEEEEIII!!!!!! (starts goin off topic here)

#379 - Yamato's new newsletter was full of crap again. Nothing about the stand. (Yesterday's newletter. No mention of anything except for Yamato's new Ikkitousen toy.)

Ya see? Whether you read English or Japanese, " 1/100 + parts swapping = big disappointments"

I guess it shows that the Japanese hate what Yamato is dishing out right now.

Yeah, I don't think it matters what language you speak or what country your from, right now, there are a lot of people looking at just how small their Hase 1/72 VF-1s are and not seeing anyway to justify spending 4000 yen ($37.47) on a toy that small. And that's not even including the mark up importers are going to charge us here in the U.S.

Edited by tom64ss

It shows that whining is the universal language of Macross fans.

Thanks for the link imode. http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url/ helps very slightly. I don't know how much I'd understand without your translations, but I was able to figure out 359-361. (Onna = woman, Onan is a biblical figure remembered for exactly one thing, will leave the rest to the reader.)

i wonder if graham can tell us what yamato thinks in response to the various japanese BBS's and such. Someone actualy said it "is the SUCK" LOL GOD THATS FUNNY. Hearin it will be like the k and m does not help. But nonetheless i love 0 so i will buy. With that in mind I really want to know when the big ass prefect transform is coming. You KNOW its coming., and once again what is ikkoutasen?. is that ideon? doesnt soyund lke it..i know i havent taken jhapanese since high school but that sure as hell doesnt trasnlate into iddeon.

i wonder if graham can tell us what yamato thinks in response to the various japanese BBS's and such. Someone actualy said it "is the SUCK" LOL GOD THATS FUNNY. Hearin it will be like the k and m does not help. But nonetheless i love 0 so i will buy. With that in mind I really want to know when the big ass prefect transform is coming. You KNOW its coming., and once again what is ikkoutasen?. is that ideon? doesnt soyund lke it..i know i havent taken jhapanese since high school but that sure as hell doesnt trasnlate into iddeon.

Hah, well I took liberties. But I figure, if they were speaking english, they'd say the exact same thing.

Anyway, here: http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?YMTX-04

It's a manga made into anime made into toy.

I really dont get all this super secrecy when it comes to these toys. If they would be more direct with the fans they wont end up with a flop and Yamato and Fans get what they want. We get the toy of our dreams, and they get an ass load of cash. Whats the big deal! ;)

I really don't care what route they take as long as...

A: It looks close to the line art

B: It's afforable, I'm not crapping out more than $70 for it...

C: I can put it in about as many poses as an HGUC Gundam kit.

And after skimming through this thread it looks like to fufill those three it'll need to have some parts swapped.

Parts swooping is ultimate no no :(

I rather have worse looking toy.

If you want it looking nice in each mode buy a hasegawa.

VF-1 1/60 swopping just annoys me. Its way less impressive when you show some1, this transformes into this if you just change this and this and this. It just confirms their suspsicions that these cant really transofrm in rl, but they can ^^!!

Shiro desinged these things to transform perfectly, so do it :p

Edited by FlyingPika

i thin the guys name is shoji lol. Anyhoo yamato proves that it can look good and acccurate as well as be perfect transform. Loook at 1.48 and the VF11B. the Vf1B just needed a shiel added not swapped out. The 1/48 didnt need anything removed nor swapped. Those who want super accuracy maybe the 1/100 is for you. Those who want perfect transformation above all and abig size the coming big one is for us i supppose. Either way its nice to have somethin thi cheap and small on teh side while i wait for the "main course" ya know>?

Yen price was what, about 4000? Isn't the yen -> dollar rate pretty much equal?

...so.. forty bucks off the shelf...?

...plus shipping?

It's gonna be HARD to justify away this thing unless the swappables are minimal and the detail grand.

Swapping can be alot of fun, provided that both couples are into it and have discussed the matter of sharing one another...

Oh, you guys are talking about parts swapping... my bad. :p

This is all very deja-vu to the days of the 1/60 transformation method announcement, as Shin pointed out earlier. Unlike last time, though, I don't think it's worth our effort to get worked up over this.

Seriously, I don't like swapping out parts, except for the occasional hand (like on the 1/48 VF-1J). I didn't like removing the legs on the 1/60, but I bought a few because other than that, they were pretty cool. I still don't like having to remove legs, much less get a smaller toy and change out the nosecone to boot.

We bitched about it then. I bitched mightily and I even applauded the then in-design Masterpiece for having a better transformation method, bigger size and more diecast... and we all know what happened with that toy.

Later Yamato pleased all by refining the 1/60 to what it is today and later they pleased damn near everyone by releasing the 1/48. I'm sure they'll end up doing the same thing with the VF-0, so I'm not going to waste my time getting riled up in the bitchfest once again.

So I'll just get back to my big voodoo dead chicken Jobu project and try to use my mojo to get Bandai to finish the 1/55 reissues and make chunky monkey VF-0's... how cool would that be? :D

Wow...I amazed...a board that b#tches more then us! :D

Honestly...I can't be disapointed till I see it...and I suspect when I really see it (in person) it will look nice...and I wont be bothered by the cheaper price. While I would like it to scale with my 1/60's (or at least 1/72's) I'm betting that is a follow-up someday if they sell well....a perfect transformation varient...like the 1/48 line. This is all cool with me....worst case...I buy one...it sucks, I ebay it and go all Hase for M0...I doubt this will be the case. Other options? None...Yamato is the only game in town.

Don't worry...be happy. :lol:;)

Later Yamato pleased all by refining the 1/60 to what it is today and later they pleased damn near everyone by releasing the 1/48. I'm sure they'll end up doing the same thing with the VF-0, so I'm not going to waste my time getting riled up in the bitchfest once again.

I agree... except that waiting sucks.

So I'll just get back to my big voodoo dead chicken Jobu project and try to use my mojo to get Bandai to finish the 1/55 reissues and make chunky monkey VF-0's... how cool would that be?

Does anyone know if Bandai has rights to even DO a Chunky Monkey of the VF-0? If so, I'd buy it... hell I'd even be stoked if they produced it in 1/65 to match the size of their Mac 7's!!!

you wanna swap parts? build some models... one in each mode... and then just swap whole models out on you shelf..... I collect toys... the 1:60s were pushing it but these things are crap, just compare the yammie proto pic with the hase pic (from earlier) the hase blows it away... so the idea of accuracy is already lost on the yammie, it's clunky by comparison. you have to swap out parts to preserve some accuracy that the yammie didn't have to begin with? please! <_< anyways, I don't know if anybody noticed, but unlike all the other VFs ever, the VF-0 is CG, also unlike all the other VFs ever, the VF-0 was designed using auto cad (just like the Yammie 1:48) so there is no longer the problem that there was with earlier valks where Kawamori would draw the same part differently depending which mode the valk was in... now, using a 3-D model when you see the nosecone in battaloid mode, it's the same nosecone that you saw in fighter mode! It's not a different drawing, It's the SAME... If it appears shorter then it must retract during transformation. there's no need for nose swapping in the name of accuracy... Yamato says they want to keep the transformation "simple"... well, then make a simple inaccurate to valk like a takatoku or a banpresto. those are great toys! this, however, is looking like it will not be such a toy. :angry:

I see it this way :

A larger more detailed VF-0 is a safe bet.

What I mean is , before the 1/48 came out , the only thing Yamato had for us were the 1/60 , once they realised there was a true collectors market they released the perfect edition 1/48 toys.

Now that they know for sure there´s a collectors market they really don´t need to test the waters , hence they´re taking a totally different route with this new more affordable M0 line. What is that route ? well , as I said in another thread , they need to release a REAL mass production item so they can sell lots of these toys (instead of the fewer sales seen in the motre expensive 1/48s) and get some profits. Once they´ve released all possible variants they´ll start to produce collector items ala 1/48 , though quite pressumeably in 1/60 or 1/72.

the gap between the 1/60 VF-1s and 1/48s was too small because the 1/60s were not really cheap mass production toys , they were medium range mass production toys , hence they didn´t sell in HUGE numbers and those sales were overshadowed by the release of the 1/48s , so 1/60 sales went down , and 1/48 sales went up but even then the 1/48 didn´t sell in vast numbers and their price tag didn´t help much when their sales weren´t as much as mass production toys , so Yamato was left with the very few 1/48 sales. That´s why they´re now trully trying to porduce mass production toys so they can sell in more numbers.

So I'll just get back to my big voodoo dead chicken Jobu project and try to use my mojo to get Bandai to finish the 1/55 reissues and make chunky monkey VF-0's... how cool would that be?

Does anyone know if Bandai has rights to even DO a Chunky Monkey of the VF-0? If so, I'd buy it... hell I'd even be stoked if they produced it in 1/65 to match the size of their Mac 7's!!!

Naaaah.... nobody knows anything about the inner workings of Bandai, but given their lack of love displayed for Macross thus far, I'd file it under "pipe dream".

But pipe dreams are at least more positive than all the bitching.

jesus christ dr. clay that was excellent! I never thought about that stuff liek the CG in animation and the modeling and so forth!

io also 2nd the notion.... BANDAI PERFET TRASNFORMATION VF-0'S CHUNKY MONKEYS WOULD ROCK! DCEFNIITELY NOT THE SUCK!

hell Even if it needs a swap shield and no gun mount in fighter mode lke the bandai reisuses i am all for it! The more I read this thread the more I dislike the trasnformation. Oh yea this isnt a dis but if youguys want to see more complainers....we arent even close man. Go to a trasnfans board. Tons of peolpe argue. Hell I argue as well. arrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I guess all this bitching universally from coast to casot LITERALLY around the world will make yamato announce that damn 1/48 f-0 a lot earlier than they expected. Sure the SV-51 would be forking GIANT but hell...just means its a long fighter mode...not necesaril;y having more girth than the VF-1 1/48 and certainly not as much as the qrau. Anyone who ahs read japanese BBs comcerning macross toys...is bandai planning anything?

the onyl saving grace for this 1/100 line is PRICE and thats it. I would gladly pay 140$ for a 1/48 VF-0

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

hey I jsut thought. remember how in hobby dengeki it is described as

"SIMPLE TRANSFORMATION VERSION?"

I think that DOEs asnwer my persistant ass for ever wondering what is coming down the line. Whty the hell would they say versioon if there was only one version?

this is one wound healed by price...jsut please dont make the new Yf19 a small 1/100 fighter either/.

jesus christ dr. clay that was excellent! I never thought about that stuff liek the CG in animation and the modeling and so forth!

:huh: I hope you aren't being sarcastic, no one ever likes my posts. I'm a nerd among geeks.

and a chunky monkey VF-0 would totally rule, none of my bitchin' would apply to such a toy. I'd buy MULTIPLES!

uhm naw dude i really wasnt being sarcastic i agrteed with you all the way. I never really though about how being CAd designed they really didnt need to do swap out. I always thought they didnit need swap top begin with but your info further detailed and supported my opinion. Soi naw I wasnt being sarcastic. And if bandai did make a chunky monkey 0...hell if it was like the bandai reissues.(gloss paint, TIGHT ratchets unlike the MPC vol1, GLOSS coat, PAINTED decals, swap shield although it would be molded in chesptplate it probably wouldnt need it and hell i wouldnt mind a nonmountable gunpod) then i would be all for it!

Which rmeinds me if yamato is goin to sucha small scale they certainly gotta be competing with someone. Not hasegawa since ther main valk scale is 1/72. Maybe bandai is trying to revitalize the HCM line and make valks?(out of ALL classic 80s robot japan toys they have remade...they haevnt made valks NEW mold after the HCm not talkin reissues here im tlaking abou all ne molds form scratch).

Yea im jsut excited about 0 and if bandai came into the fray..god it would be a miracle. If they can mamke something like zanbot 3 super poseable and make a heavby diecast ass dancougar move better than any sentai then my prayers are answered if they make a valkyrie again....they got geniuses i know.