Bandai 1/100 VF-19 Kai "Fire Valkyrie" 1995 First Print - Value?

Luster-Purge

Hi, I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to ask this, but I recently was given a 1/100 VF-19 Kai kit by a friend who says he bought it in Japan back in 1997, but the box date is 1995 and appears to be the first printing of the model from what I can find. The parts are all still in their bags on the runners and aside from a few dings and creases to be expected over 20 years, the box is in relatively good condition. I'm more into Gunpla and this is the first time I've handled anything Macross, so I don't know if this has any value for being the first print or if I can just go ahead and build it. I was instructed to come visit this site and ask given you folks know more about the Macross franchise than I do (which amounts to essentially nothing but G1 Jetfire from Transformers is a VF-1 and that the Fire Valkyrie apparently defeats other robots with music in Super Robot Wars Z3 because its pilot is a rock star)

Is it one of these?

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?p=プラモデル+バンダイ+1%2F100+VF-19改+&ei=UTF-8&exflg=

If so....then it is probably valued at around $35usd.

The problem is that the kit has enjoyed several reissues, which will always have some affect on an original release.

If your kit is not represented in the link, perhaps you can post a picture of it.

Good luck.

36 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Is it one of these?

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?p=プラモデル+バンダイ+1%2F100+VF-19改+&ei=UTF-8&exflg=

If so....then it is probably valued at around $35usd.

The problem is that the kit has enjoyed several reissues, which will always have some affect on an original release.

If your kit is not represented in the link, perhaps you can post a picture of it.

Good luck.

Yup, the one on top. I'm honestly surprised it's worth that much but it's a pleasant surprise. I might just not end up building it after all since I'm sure the re-issues are the exact same kit and are cheaper, haven't made up my mind yet. Thanks!

Congrats!  The VF-19 Kai, piloted by Basara Nekki on the Macross 7 TV show and movies, is a controversial "Variable Fighter" in the Macross Universe among its fans.  Some are put off by it's paint scheme, but most find the inclusion of a "face" on the VF-19 Kai.....unacceptable....:nea:

I honestly think it is fine, considering that it is part of a flying band called Fire Bomber, which eventually becomes Sound Force...

VF-19 Kai...

large.07249c20ed2b87babbe5066bb5525d7f.j

Basara Nekki....Leader of Fire Bomber/Sound Force

large.P1160463.JPG.b0297190288db6f7db100

.....and just to keep things in perspective.....the other two Variable Fighters (VF) that form the rest of Fire Bomber/Sound Force are the VF-11 MAXL...a variant of the VF-11 VF...but with not only a "face" but boobs too!

latest?cb=20190509070615

And the VF-17T dual seater.....for the team's bassist and drummer!!

vf-17tcustom-battroid.gif

Sound Force in action!

Edited by jvmacross