School House Rock singer passes away

Dynaman

Ah man, tugging at the heart strings. Like many of us, uh, older folks here, I grew up with Schoolhouse Rock, and the merest mention conjures up good memories. Jack Sheldon's vocals on "I'm Just a Bill", and "Conjunction Junction", which are probably two of the most popular songs from that series, still evokes a strong sense of nostalgia for many Americans who were fortunate to grow up in a time when Saturday cartoons were still a thing. ( I feel bad that today's kids will never know the shared joy of watching toons for four or five hours solid, and all the sweet nostalgia that goes with it. YouTube is a poor substitute, IMHO).

On a personal note, my name is Bill, and in my younger days in the military, I'd sometimes sing "I'm Just a Bill" to the amusement of my comrades (and myself)- having that shared connection was funny and cool, and I'm glad to have been just a very small part of keeping that Schoolhouse Rock legacy alive. Thanks for the memories, Mr. Sheldon, and I hope you're keeping them entertained in some cosmic jazz club somewhere out there.