ReelMarks

areaseven

On Friday, January 30, at 9:00 p.m. (PST), ReelMarks makes its national premiere on the Cable Radio Network. ReelMarks is a talk show that focuses on today's Hollywood blockbusters, foreign cult hits, and some anime on the side. The show will effectively replace the Squared Circle: Talk on Professional Wrestling show, which I did cameos in the past month.

Speaking of foreign cult hits and anime, I will be handling those subjects on my own column in the show. I'm just trying to decide on which anime to talk about first. As for the foreign and non-foreign cult hits, we're scheduled to talk about Six-String Samurai and Shaolin Soccer.

You getting paid for it? :lol:

I wish. It's like the whole public access deal where you have to pay for your own show (like Wayne's World). Right now, the team's pitching in $30 each. One of my partners already got replies from AnimEigo and DVDPlanet on possible advertising deals. I can't wait for ADV Films to reply and agree to sponsor our show.

On Friday, January 30, at 9:00 p.m. (PST), ReelMarks makes its national premiere on the Cable Radio Network. ReelMarks is a talk show that focuses on today's Hollywood blockbusters, foreign cult hits, and some anime on the side. The show will effectively replace the Squared Circle: Talk on Professional Wrestling show, which I did cameos in the past month.

Speaking of foreign cult hits and anime, I will be handling those subjects on my own column in the show. I'm just trying to decide on which anime to talk about first. As for the foreign and non-foreign cult hits, we're scheduled to talk about Six-String Samurai and Shaolin Soccer.

Congrats, Jeremy! B))

You getting paid for it?  :lol:

I wish. It's like the whole public access deal where you have to pay for your own show (like Wayne's World). Right now, the team's pitching in $30 each. One of my partners already got replies from AnimEigo and DVDPlanet on possible advertising deals. I can't wait for ADV Films to reply and agree to sponsor our show.

but... ADV Films has connections to HG... you'll be selling your soul over! :(:p

Grats A7! To tie your stuff to the general public but stay true to the underground, how about covering titles that folks grew up with but didn't necessarily know the origins about? Robotech is a good one - not everyone knows about the whole Macross/SouthernCross/Mospeada thing, and you can even recommend buying/renting those available titles to compare them to your listener's childhood memories. That would work with Star Blazers/Yamato too, but not with Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman, since I think Gatchaman TV still isn't available on DVD. Anyhow, that could be a "walk down memory lane" segment.

Another show could be about game related-anime. from the ok (Zone of the Enders, Street Fighter Animated Movie) to the "eh" (Tekken or Fatal Fury on dvd) to the UGH (Street Fighter USA TV lol, or whatever) Again, you reach a broad base but point them to some stuff they might not have thought of checking out.

toy/model related anime is a way to go, tho transformers/zoids is sorta obvious. maybe something about Mazinger Z and Gundam and how those shows really drove a toy/model craze in japan? you could even bring in some toys/models to accentuate your point (bring in a valk!)

Of course, you can go by Genre. Horror, Historical (Samurai/Ninja), Comedy, etc. But that's sorta boring lol. You could go by director (Miyazaki for instance) which is always interesting, or even by illustrator (Mikimoto!) or producer (Kawamori?) to talk about the industry-side of anime.

finally, it might be fun to point out some cult real life stuff that Otaku do, like cosplay. folks love to read about that alternative lifestyle stuff lol.

good luck with your new show!

• 2 weeks later...