want to find vfx2/dyrl and emu. for download

13strikevalkyrie13

ePSXe emulator is the best emulator you can get, it works very well, as for finding DYRL or VFX-2 for download, pretty much can only find it on the Imacross servers, chances of it else where are VERY slim to none like many Macross games over the net.

well its an FTP so first you have to download a program, go into the TV and Movies discussions in these forums:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ct=ST&f=2&t=244

it will tell you everything you need to know and where to download programs to connect to the servers i use smartFTP and the link to the site is www.smartftp.com

ePSXe emulator is the best emulator you can get, it works very well, as for finding DYRL or VFX-2 for download, pretty much can only find it on the Imacross servers, chances of it else where are VERY slim to none like many Macross games over the net.

I haven't used the latest version much, but PSXeven was far superior to ePSXe one version ago.

One of PSXeven's features was the ability to play DYRL almost right. There's A glitch, but it can be gotten around.

Specifically, the level where Kakizaki dies. The last boss refuses to show up. In PSXeven, you can knock some sense into the game by dropping a bomb. ePSXe just got stuck.

Latest ePSXe fixed the continue screen, which didn't work in the previous version. Dunno about the boss thing, dun really care to play through to that point to test.

As near as I can tell, ePSXe is suffering from the NESticle effect.

It was one of the first good emulators, so people continue to recommend it despite the fact that it hasn't kept up.

Though ePSXe isn't NEAR as far behind as NESticle, and is still being actively developed on top of that.

Latest ePSXe fixed the continue screen, which didn't work in the previous version. Dunno about the boss thing, dun really care to play through to that point to test.

Are you refering to the black screen after you finish the game?

Also, how does VF-X2 play on PSXeven compared to ePSXe? Is there a noticable difference in anything (graphics, sound, etc.)?

Edited by Prime

Are you refering to the black screen after you finish the game?

Also, how does VF-X2 play on PSXeven compared to ePSXe? Is there a noticable difference in anything (graphics, sound, etc.)?

No. In DYRL(not VFX2), when you die, the continue screen automatically hit the button before hte countdown even appeared. I wanted to hear the music. This was fixed in the latest version, but I'd already run through the game at that point.

And the boss in the Kakizaki dies level just doesn't come out in ePSXe, and has to be coaxed out in PSXeven. As I said already.

VFX2 looks and sounds exactly the same on any emulator that uses plugins. Remember, the final rendering is based on the plugin, not the emulator. I saw no major glitches in PSXeven, though I quit playing after a while because I wans't having much fun.

No. In DYRL(not VFX2), when you die, the continue screen automatically hit the button before hte countdown even appeared. I wanted to hear the music. This was fixed in the latest version, but I'd already run through the game at that point.

And the boss in the Kakizaki dies level just doesn't come out in ePSXe, and has to be coaxed out in PSXeven. As I said already.

VFX2 looks and sounds exactly the same on any emulator that uses plugins. Remember, the final rendering is based on the plugin, not the emulator. I saw no major glitches in PSXeven, though I quit playing after a while because I wans't having much fun.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Thanks for the heads up :)

No prob, really.