Banprestos

samuraid

It's an alright toy. Nothing to write home about, but for its price you can't really go in expecting much. Floppy joints and inaccurate fitting plagues mine ... oh well, best to just leave it in battroid mode.

I got three of them: I couldn't get any of the armor or parts to stay on in battroid. Hell- I couldn't get the PoS to even stand up on it's own. Wobbly little bugger.

Ah well - I picked them up from HLJ while they were $5 ea or so, so I can hardly complain. This is one of the few toys out there that I say are better just left in the box. :lol:

I got three of them: I couldn't get any of the armor or parts to stay on in battroid. Hell- I couldn't get the PoS to even stand up on it's own. Wobbly little bugger.

Although I've never had a Banpresto Valk, they sound a little like the early MSIA RX-78s...floppy little bastards whose limbs flew off at the slightest opportunity...

Ah well - I picked them up from HLJ while they were $5 ea or so, so I can hardly complain. This is one of the few toys out there that I say are better just left in the box. :lol:

I have 27 of them 18 on display and 9 MIB. I mainly take to work and let others mess with them so they leave the expensive alone. I can get them to pose ok without nail polish. Most of them I paid less than $5 for so I feel I got my moneys worth.

I assume you mean the transformable ones. Banpresto did make other non-transformable SD valks.

I guess I should have waited and gotten mine for $5. I love the little transformable guys. Yes, they are frustrating but they are the first Macross toy that I feel comfortable customizing.

Edited by bigkid24

I've heard people say the Strike VF-1S is best quality of the bunch. I got lucky and picked that one before I really knew much about Valk toys, and I can say that it's not too bad at holding a pose and keeping its armor on even without doing any nail polish or other modifications.

Aside from the polish trick, another idea might be to use minwax (or similar product used to nonpermanently keep dollhouse miniatures in place) or blue-tack (stuff used to put posters up on walls).