What happened to my speculation thread?

I'm not upset, not at all. But I noticed my speculation thread is gone and Graham changed his signature.

Out of curiosity, I was just wondering what happened. I'm guessing that information that was not suppose to be out yet was leaked by someone other than Graham, but I suppose there's a chance that some people got in a heated discussion that got out of hand.

If the information is sensitive, could someone just PM me to let me know what happened?

Thanks to all who participated. It was fun while it lasted.

Tom :)

but I suppose there's a chance that some people got in a heated discussion that got out of hand.

Guess you've answered your own question

If I remember the last "announcement thread" things also got somewhat out of hand

(IIRC Graham had to cancel his newsflash then because Yamato asked him to,... this wasn't well recieved

or it was the quadrano-spill the beans-story ....anyways... I remember a not so smooth speculation thread some time ago)

I bet we touched on something we weren't supposed to know or see.

Who knows.

Vostok 7

I hope that's what it was and not because of an arguement. I can't even imagine what people could have argued about. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. Plus flame wars don't usually result in the whole thread vanishing into thin air.

Oh well. :)

Judging from how the thread was removed, I would say it was time to drop the subject until Graham actually shows the pics. The mysterious posting that was linked to could have been false or could have had some measure of truth, but either way, it immediately would have led to severe headaches for Graham for the remaining week. The UNCONFIRMED "hey guess what" aspect totally changed the dynamics of the thread.

Maybe something was touched upon, maybe not, but it went from innocent speculation to backing Graham into the corner for info on a dime. It's probably best for now that the thread is gone. Too much fuel got tossed into the fire at the end, and with a full week to go, would have become problematic.

Is it true? Is it this? Is it true? Is it this? Is it true? Is it this? Is it true? Is it this? Is it true? Is it this? Is it true? Is it this? Is it true? Is it this? Would have continued from the point it ended and on if it didn't disappear.

We can all savor what the news is when Graham shows the pics next week. Until then, I wait, and am thankful for the Q-rau and GBP armor at least.

Those of you who did not participate in the thread towards the end, please don't ask about it, nothing was substantiated, and is probably safest left alone for the sanity of all.

Judging from how the thread was removed, I would say it was time to drop the subject until Graham actually shows the pics. The mysterious posting that was linked to could have been false or could have had some measure of truth, but either way, it immediately would have led to severe headaches for Graham for the remaining week. The UNCONFIRMED "hey guess what" aspect totally changed the dynamics of the thread.

Maybe something was touched upon, maybe not, but it went from innocent speculation to backing Graham into the corner for info on a dime. It's probably best for now that the thread is gone. Too much fuel got tossed into the fire at the end, and with a full week to go, would have become problematic.

Is it true? Is it this? Is it true? Is it this? Is it true? Is it this? Is it true? Is it this? Is it true? Is it this? Is it true? Is it this? Is it true? Is it this? Would have continued from the point it ended and on if it didn't disappear.

We can all savor what the news is when Graham shows the pics next week. Until then, I wait, and am thankful for the Q-rau and GBP armor at least.

Those of you who did not participate in the thread towards the end, please don't ask about it, nothing was substantiated, and is probably safest left alone for the sanity of all.

I totally agree with you there. It's too bad it got out of hand.

I guess I missed something :huh: . No big deal. :)

Speculation thread are fun, but not if they cause any trouble for Graham. Let's drop this one too before anything is posted that may put him back in hot water.

If anyone wants to PM me what they know about what happened, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you all for the info.