Putty Putty Everywhere

agass4u

Ok, I am having some trouble with my Tamiya Putty and my Hasegawa Valks. I cant seem to apply the putty very thinly to the model seams. I can sand the access off, but then the surrounding pannel lines are filled with putty. Does anyone have an good ways to apply putty to a seam, or to get putty out of those damn hasegawa valk pannel lines? Thanks.

Ok, I am having some trouble with my Tamiya Putty and my Hasegawa Valks. I cant seem to apply the putty very thinly to the model seams. I can sand the access off, but then the surrounding pannel lines are filled with putty. Does anyone have an good ways to apply putty to a seam, or to get putty out of those damn hasegawa valk pannel lines? Thanks.

Best way to do remove the putty from the seams is to remove the putty before it has dried. After you apply the putty to the seam, use the very tip of a new exacto kife to scrape the un-dried putty out of the seam. Works very well for me.

Use the same exacto knife to redo the panel lines when filled of putty and sanded down...

also use something like a ruler to drive the knife straight. Or even easier; buy an scriber...

I'm not sure about the putty you are using but I thin squadron putty with a little acetone (nail polish remover) it makes it easier to get the putty into the seams by utilizing capillary action. You would be less likely to get the putty on the panel lines in around the seam.