Quick question: Reboxing Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1

ArchieNov

I'm trying to rebox my SDF-1, but have been unsuccessful for the past 30 minutes. I can't seem to fit the main body back into the styrofoam. There's barely enough clearance for the shoulders and the feet to fit through. And this will get even tighter once I wrap the plastic bag around it.

I don't recall having this much trouble reboxing this around 3 years ago. Does styrofoam expand over time? Or maybe it needs to be semi-transformed or something to fit?

Anyone care to help? Thanks.

Okay nevermind. I figured it out. I needed to collapse the body more in cruiser mode.

How do I delete topic? Thanks.

Edited by ArchieNov

Yeah the shoulders were rotated correctly. I already found out what I did wrong earlier and updated my first post. Thanks!

@no3ljm - It's a possibility. But I usually prioritize local buyers first if ever I do decide to let go of it (if it's really selling for $500+ now)

Edited by ArchieNov

Are you guys planning on selling it that's why you're reboxing it? And this is not because of the 1/1800 announcement, right? ;)

Time to lurk the F/S thread once again... :ph34r:

No way Jose! I'm just wanting to change out my Detolf. I've had it on display for about a year. My 1/48 VF-1S just now started to show a little yellowing. I tried to be careful about placing my Detolf away from any direct sunlight. I'm still worried about aging even in the dark corner of my formal living room. I want to keep all my holy grail toys either boxed up or up in my toy room which sees virtually no daylight and only occasionally some regular bulb light.

Realistically, I don't think I'll buy a 1/1800. I'm thinking it will be very expensive, and frankly I'm quite pleased with the 1/3000 scale.

Of course never say never. I'm mean what if it's loaded with lights and cool gimmicks. Even still I would keep both in my collection.

Yeah the shoulders were rotated correctly. I already found out what I did wrong earlier and updated my first post. Thanks!

@no3ljm - It's a possibility. But I usually prioritize local buyers first if ever I do decide to let go of it (if it's really selling for $500+ now)

No way Jose! I'm just wanting to change out my Detolf. I've had it on display for about a year. My 1/48 VF-1S just now started to show a little yellowing. I tried to be careful about placing my Detolf away from any direct sunlight. I'm still worried about aging even in the dark corner of my formal living room. I want to keep all my holy grail toys either boxed up or up in my toy room which sees virtually no daylight and only occasionally some regular bulb light.

Realistically, I don't think I'll buy a 1/1800. I'm thinking it will be very expensive, and frankly I'm quite pleased with the 1/3000 scale.

Of course never say never. I'm mean what if it's loaded with lights and cool gimmicks. Even still I would keep both in my collection.

Hahaha! Don't worry about me, guys. ;) I couldn't afford the 1/3000 SDF-1 after market price. If it's just for $300 shipped, I'll be the first one in line to buy it. That's why I'm just waiting for Arcadia, to officially re-release it... If ever they decide to re-release it that is. Hehehe. :lol:

Edited by no3ljm

Another thing I want to mention to those reboxing. The bridge will fit fine going back in the foam. I forgot that it was an assembled piece. But there's no need to disassemble it to put it back. There's clearance. I did mange to accidentally bend the very top antenna on the bridge slightly, but it wasn't enough to snap it. I was able to carefully move it back to its original position, but it was a close call.

Again, it wasn't a clearance issue. It was just me being a bonehead and not watching how I handle it.

Edited by sharky