Jump to content

Yamato VE-1 1/60 question


Saburo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I have Yamato 1/60 VE-1 and I have attached the sensor parts onto the arms. I was wondering if anyone knows an easy way to remove them?

The clips are pretty much flush with the arm and I can't get a fingernail in to help pry them off. With my super parts on the VF-1 the arm armor parts are fairly easy to remove by pulling it to one side of the arm and the clip on the opposite direction lifts off. I have tried the same technique with and it does not seem work.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Saburo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, these are really tight as you've indicated. I have a set of metal picks (like dental picks) that I was able to carefully get a corner up with one of the points and then get it clear of the tab without scratching. Think it was more luck than skill, though. After that, I filed a bit of a bevel into the arm tabs to round the bottom part a bit and also put a bit of a bevel on the armor clip itself. That makes it easier to kind of apply pressure to one side of the armor while lifting the clip and act like more of a normal super part. My other unit I haven't had the guts to do that to so it's on there for the foreseeable future. Work slowly and good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

as crazy as it might sound but I have even used a razor blade (very carefully of course not to scratch any of the surfaces) to squeeze in between the arm and the clip part of the sensor to force them apart just far enough to get a finger nail in and pop it off.

yes they are a very tight almost completely flush fit.. <_<

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, these are really tight as you've indicated. I have a set of metal picks (like dental picks) that I was able to carefully get a corner up with one of the points and then get it clear of the tab without scratching. Think it was more luck than skill, though. After that, I filed a bit of a bevel into the arm tabs to round the bottom part a bit and also put a bit of a bevel on the armor clip itself. That makes it easier to kind of apply pressure to one side of the armor while lifting the clip and act like more of a normal super part. My other unit I haven't had the guts to do that to so it's on there for the foreseeable future. Work slowly and good luck!

as crazy as it might sound but I have even used a razor blade (very carefully of course not to scratch any of the surfaces) to squeeze in between the arm and the clip part of the sensor to force them apart just far enough to get a finger nail in and pop it off.

yes they are a very tight almost completely flush fit.. <_<

@Boroboy and @spanner76

Thank you for the info. I have had the night to think it over and I have an idea that shouldn't be damaging. I am going to try out to see if it works.

Let hope it works. :wacko:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got a VE-1 last week and ran into the same problem as you, i thought i was alone and doing something wrong. Sucked the fun out of the toy as i spent the next hour or so fighting those things. It got to the point where i took the arm off so i didnt break anything with all the force that i was applying. I ended up using a guitar pick looking tool from an iphone repair kit and jammed it into the front part you see on this pic. That spread the tabs enough for me to manage to get one side off and it didnt mar the plastic.

CA704FC2-D3F3-407E-922F-17C620F3FA6B.jpg

Im thinking of doing some filing to make easier to take them on and off because this was just crazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got a VE-1 last week and ran into the same problem as you, i thought i was alone and doing something wrong. Sucked the fun out of the toy as i spent the next hour or so fighting those things. It got to the point where i took the arm off so i didnt break anything with all the force that i was applying. I ended up using a guitar pick looking tool from an iphone repair kit and jammed it into the front part you see on this pic. That spread the tabs enough for me to manage to get one side off and it didnt mar the plastic.

Im thinking of doing some filing to make easier to take them on and off because this was just crazy.

I am glad I wasn't alone in having issues with the VE-1 arm armor. Yes, and just like you all the fun was gone when trying to get the parts off.

My idea did not work, the plan was to use a thin piece of plastic (like the one used in the clear container that the Valks are packed in) and attach some dental floss to it, Thread it between the forearm and part. Then bring the floss around to the clip and use it lift the clip. But the fitment is too tight to thread it between the part and forearm. :( I did manage to get the parts off using a the smallest of the precision flat head screw drivers I have, from the inner part of the arm in case there was some damage caused. The screw driver did leave a tiny marks, barely noticeable.

Thanks for the info on the iphone repair kit. I went ahead and ordered one from Amazon. The small nylon pry tools should come in handy for other things too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...