Will yamato make 1/48 vf1d or vf-1j?

Rick_Randy

someone earlier in the year mentioned that they frequent this page

Again I'd like to thank yamato for the 1/48 scale valks,

i am glad that you don't have to remove the legs and hands to transaform them.That is something i desired mostly on their smaller valks

Also will there be plans to make a 1/48 vf1-J with GPS armor? a set is not complete without a vf-1J even if the

pilot in it is "macross the series" version

and more importantly a vf1-d two seater. that would be great with 2 figures included in the cockpit

(one of hikaru/rick the other of minmay)

I love the scale and hope to see more valkyrie types appear.(a vf 19 or vf 21 would be nice)

I'd be down for two VF 1D'd in 1/48 scale. I love the Yamato 1/48's they are amazingly well designed toys that look incredible.

I sincerely hope that they etxend the 1/48 line they way they have with the 1/60 line. They have truly made the most diverse collection of Valkyries to date.

I really would love to see the Mac+ valks in 1/48 scale. But they would be about 50 cm long. Imagine one moment the size and weight of the packaging! But those would really be great and I'm sure a lot of us would buy these toys. :D

150 $ would be a good price for that.

Thanx guys,thanx fred I sorta lost my account awhile back in the older forums, I used to ask chris for replacement heads for joons valk copies. (still wish he would make improved replacement arms and legs) I still admire how robust of the old takatoku valks are. (the bandai ones still seem almost as robust.)

heh, the monster would be a good idea, but maybe in 1/75 scale,

ONE THING!!! The destroids have been neglected for awhile as toys.(remember the HG knockoffs that lack knee joint mobility) even just a TOMAHAWK destroid in 1/48 with pilot would suffice as a tribute as much as a 1/48 REGULT!!!

I know people would buy more than "ONE" Regult for the sake of having their valkyries having something to shoot at rather than an imaginary battle pod. even without pilot! ;)

I don't care if I have to assemble 5 of them once out of the box!!! a valkyrie deserves a good regult or glaug!!!

(I hope some one from yamato or knows them is taking some of this down for it would be a shame if HG came up with it!!!.)

For now I will be content with all the different valkyries from the VF1 range to materialize, perhaps in a little while the VF11 to VF21 some day but then again I love their 1/60's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I fear most about owning a 1/60 even when I am careful I dread dropping the legs by accident when I want to transform them into battroid mode. (has this ever happened to ANYONE?? even once?!)

My brown vf-1a production type 1/60 paint scratched off easily and since then I became too careful with all my 1/60s!! I treat them like "the good dinner ware" use them as display mostly.:(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wish they made the paintjob better if ever they release a 1/48 brown production version VF-1A

Yamato has got the upperhand so far in the valkyrie war with the 1/48 and I agree, (if anyone could do better send us free the products:) )

but that does not mean that we may not expect anything more.

So what sort of mod to the existing 1/48 design other than the head would they have to make if they do release a 2 seater VF1-d 1/48?

(been dying to get a scale minmay figure to .er.......hold;) )

hmmm,a vf-1d would be awsome in 1/48,but the 1j IS being done in 1/48.the 1j hikaru is out now.you can get it either with or without t.v. stlye fastpacks(special release,different than the DYRL? strike/fastpacks)

;)

sorry for not looking first that the old VF1J is out, It has been while since I was here. (time to order the J )

but since they got the speical ed with the booster pack, why not the armored version as well.(with or without valk)

If a brown vf1a is not much to ask,then a vf1d should not be too much problems.

this was mentioned some time ago, although farfetched, why not a 1/48 1d w/ remvable cockpit? that'd be nice.

J.J.

i remember seeing a model of the 1d w/ fastpacks(hagegawa?) i was just thinking how cool the 1/48 vf-1d would look with a set of those t.v. style fastpacks B))

Edited by valkyrietestpilot

heh, the monster would be a good idea, but maybe in 1/75 scale,

ONE THING!!! The destroids have been neglected for awhile as toys.(remember the HG knockoffs that lack knee joint mobility) even just a TOMAHAWK destroid in 1/48 with pilot would suffice as a tribute as much as a 1/48 REGULT!!!

Well, in case you weren't aware, Yamato is scheduled to release a 1/60 Monster some time this year. As for a 1/48 Regult...I wouldn't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

So what sort of mod to the existing 1/48 design other than the head would they have to make if they do release a 2 seater VF1-d 1/48?

(been dying to get a scale minmay figure to .er.......hold;) )

Well, obviously the cockpit would have to be redesigned. Also, the break between the chestplate and backplate would change--on the 1D it goes straight across, while other valks have a notch under the neck. And there are four black thingies on the chestplate of the VF-1D that I can't identify--are they just painted on, or are they molded panels/vents of some sort?

For a preview of what would have to be done, compare the Valkyrie factory pics:

http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/vf-1d_ya.html

http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/vf-1j_super_...a_battroid.html