Macross character figurines - What's the best make?

megaprime

I was wondering what brand of the Macross character figurines are considered to be the best (in terms of quality and most liked)? Assuming they exist that is.

Anyone can give me some guidance please because I have been thinking about buying some.

Edited by megaprime

For what series? Some brands specialize only in Frontier, some do more than one. I think my favorite is the Banpresto? The Ichiban Kuji ones. They are pricey, but their Sheryl figurines are off the hook beautiful.

For what series? Some brands specialize only in Frontier, some do more than one. I think my favorite is the Banpresto? The Ichiban Kuji ones. They are pricey, but their Sheryl figurines are off the hook beautiful.

In all honesty I've only just started collectig Macross so I'm a bit clueless about brands really.

I've only watched the Zero and have nearly finished watching the Frontier series so far. I'd like to get the main characters (Ranka, Sheryl, Alto, Michael, Luca, Skull leader and whatever the chap that pilots the 27 is called).

In all honesty I've only just started collectig Macross so I'm a bit clueless about brands really.

I've only watched the Zero and have nearly finished watching the Frontier series so far. I'd like to get the main characters (Ranka, Sheryl, Alto, Michael, Luca, Skull leader and whatever the chap that pilots the 27 is called).

The Banpresto brand, IMO, features the best Rankas, Sheryls, and a great Klan figure, all of which can be found on ebay, or other auction sites. They don't, however, feature any other characters as far as I know. They are large figures. They also have smaller chibi figurines that are done well. Aside from that, there are other brands, but many of them only feature the female characters, and even then, not all of them. There is the small figurines that are about 4-5" tall, and they cover more of the characters, and aren't or shouldn't be too pricey.

There are lots, But the ones I particularly like are the ones from Megahouse and Goodsmile Company/Max Factory

The MegaHouse Klan figure Is an awesome sculpt, particularly because of the attachable Super pack. Some are turned off by her "torpedo tits", but I believe thats just some of the Charm Megahouse likes to include.

While I dont plan to get the Max Factory Sheryl Figure, Their sister company Goodsmile and their Nendoroids of Ranka and Sheryl are actually pretty good. Sure theyre are the chibi kara series from bandai, but I prefer the Nendoroid Look overall.

The crossover figures Banpresto also produced are really nice as well.

Edited by XFJ-01A

There are lots, But the ones I particularly like are the ones from Megahouse and Goodsmile Company/Max Factory

The MegaHouse Klan figure Is an awesome sculpt, particularly because of the attachable Super pack. Some are turned off by her "torpedo tits", but I believe thats just some of the Charm Megahouse likes to include.

While I dont plan to get the Max Factory Sheryl Figure, Their sister company Goodsmile and their Nendoroids of Ranka and Sheryl are actually pretty good. Sure theyre are the chibi kara series from bandai, but I prefer the Nendoroid Look overall.

The crossover figures Banpresto also produced are really nice as well.

The Megahouse Klan figure is indeed a work of art. However unfortunately the price is way too much for me and I'm sure my girlfriend and kids would not be very impressed with the torpedo tits. :D Maybe I'll manage to find a cheaper version of Klan at some point (with less noticeable boobs). :D

The Megahouse Klan figure is indeed a work of art. However unfortunately the price is way too much for me and I'm sure my girlfriend and kids would not be very impressed with the torpedo tits. :D Maybe I'll manage to find a cheaper version of Klan at some point (with less noticeable boobs). :D

Thats exactly what my family members said when mine came in and I put her on the shelf. "Why are her boobs so huge?"

I just said nothing. I didnt want to tell that that was the only way the breastplate armor would stay on. :p

Edited by XFJ-01A