Macross SR Sprites

skatata

• 2 weeks later...
A shame they aren't imported. Or can you get them in the states without having to modify your PS2?

Well...

The odds of one ever having an official stateside release are slightly less than 0.

But the GBA has no region lockouts, so those are easily imported.

Okay well first off in case you are wondering Super robot wars is a stradegy RPG where you command robots from various shows (Mazinger, Getter robo, Daitarn 3, Macross, Gundam, etc) against their enimies (Zeon, Zentraedi, Dr. Hell etc.)

Now there are SRW games for virtually every system out there from the original Gameboy (SRW1) until the PS2 (Impact and Alpha 2)

BUT there are only 3 with macross

Super Robot wars Alpha- This is THE game for macross its centered around the plots of MSG, Macross (DYRL and TV), Evangelion and gunbuster mostly.

In Alpha you get full control of the skull sqaudren (DYRL) each character in their respected valk. You also get to control the Macross. Later you will recieve Millia and depending on what options you pick either in her red valk (TV) or power armour (DYRL). You will also get the Armoured VF-1J and the monster. You even get to play through Love drifts away with DYRL playing in the backround.

Now to make this game even better you will get the YF-19 and 21 piloted by Ismau and Guld. (I don't recall if you get the VF-11 in this though) but you do get the monster :D

This is available for the PS1 and Dreamcast

SRW Alpha Gaiden- The sequel to above Macross have a much less significant role in this. It takes olace after Alpha to the Macross has crashed. In this game the plot centres more along Xabungle, Gundam X, and Turn A gundam. You wil get all the same units as alpha except the Macross.

This is only available for the PS1

SRW D- Now I havent played this myself so I dunno what it is about exactlly I just know you get Macross 7 units. Including the VF-17 :D

This is for the Gameboy advance

Now to play the ones for the PS1 what I have is this gamesharksih thing and a little spring that keeps the button down so you don't have to close the lid. So far this has worked perfectly for the past 4 years I have had it.

To play GBA games don't worry you don't have to do ANYTHING

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
SRW D- Now I havent played this myself so I dunno what it is about exactlly I just know you get Macross 7 units. Including the VF-17 :D

You can get even Sivil (the ultimate dodging unit) and Gavil (with Grabil attacks).

Too bad there is few pilots, you can choose having Diamond Force either on the VF-17s or on the VF-19s, not both. And there aren't any pilots left for the Full Armored VF-11C.

The Sound Force is used to boost stats (and to attack Protodevilns). Not really something you see in the series, but it works greatly in this game. I managed to start my first 7 rounds adding 70 points to EACH stats of ALL pilots.

The VF-17T Kai repairs HP and EN and has two pilots. I think it is the best supporting unit, like Macross 7 is the best mothership.

Too bad there weren't enough pilots to win the game using only Macross 7's units :D

FV

You can get even Sivil (the ultimate dodging unit) and Gavil (with Grabil attacks).

Too bad there is few pilots, you can choose having Diamond Force either on the VF-17s or on the VF-19s, not both. And there aren't any pilots left for the Full Armored VF-11C.

The Sound Force is used to boost stats (and to attack Protodevilns). Not really something you see in the series, but it works greatly in this game. I managed to start my first 7 rounds adding 70 points to EACH stats of ALL pilots.

The VF-17T Kai repairs HP and EN and has two pilots. I think it is the best supporting unit, like Macross 7 is the best mothership.

Too bad there weren't enough pilots to win the game using only Macross 7's units [biggrin.gif]

FV

I assume you do get Max and millia in the VF-22's right? Also you can switch your pilots around from robot to robot like put max in the Armoured VF-11 and Gamlin in the VF-22.

Wait Diamond force in VF-19's????

Yep, Diamond Force decided they should get some new units while they were out half the game sick. XD Except for Gamlin, who is either riding that FA Thunderbolt or, for some people like me, a red VF-1J(X) . . . <_< Not as powerful, but nice having an old fighter on the roster.

So two VF-19Fs and a VF-19S for your troubles. And a "Triple Pin Point Barrier Punch" synchro attack (they have another synchro attack for their VF-17's). And if you picked the Macross route near the end, Reaction missiles for all Macross units (except for Sound Force)!

Yea, you could put Gamlin in the VF-22, but you wouldn't be able to do Max and Millia's synchro attack. It's normally best to leave them in there, unless you're going to let Max rot in the hangar . . .