newbie's VF-0S attempt

MinoRem

So this is my second hasewaga model and this required lots of material and tools which wasn't used to or had any so I spent a decent amount on some paints, thinners and putty. This model took about a week to build. Overall I had lots of fun putting it together and watching it come together so here are some of the pic of the finished product.

As someone who's new at these kind of models I found out a few things:

I still suck at line panel wash, some of them have been cleaned too much so it's not visible even though it should

removing seam line is lots of effort with sanding most the time I wasn't sure whether it was removed

and lastly, don't be afraid to experiment. I finished with the grey that they suggested but I really think white would of suited much more (also painting is very hard)

Since I have the material I think I want to try another model.

Any pointers people want to make on any mistakes that was done that I didn't notice or ways I can improve?

Oh yeah I didn't buy all the paints that was required so he's missing some colors, I didn't want to invest too much money on a new paint just for a little detail.

post-22092-0-68141200-1386857129_thumb.jpg

post-22092-0-48667500-1386857153_thumb.jpg

post-22092-0-92488600-1386857393_thumb.jpg

post-22092-0-95637000-1386857592_thumb.jpg

good job!! my 2nd attempt was horrendous

Need a bit more work with your seam lines. it looks like you use a too low grit or sanded too much loosing some panel line detail. Hasegawa kits plastic are a bit soft so I use 400 and 600 grit for seam lines after filling with putty. Sometimes loosing panel lines details is inevitable, if they are straight, use some masking tape, an xacto knife and carefully rescribe the line to match.

What's your next project?

For the visor and small painting details such as the fins on the leg and the red light on the head I probably won't do until I require those kind of colored paints for future project.

I wanted him to be messy but I guess I over did it, the main reason for that is cos I kept wiping the actual parts I wanted to keep as you can see from the left leg.

I used 400 grit sandpaper and I never knew when to stop. Sometimes it seemed alright but in the end it wasn't good enough and I'll take your tip on re scribing the line (needed that badly).

As for a new project I had my eyes on a VF-0S valkyrie but the last time I checked it wasn't there anymore. The place I buy some models don't stock much on macross models. I'm leaning towards more VF-0/1 because they're my favourite model in the macross universe but I would like to find a VF-25 messiah to build. Any suggestions?