Max the traitor?

ewilen

Hmm... maybe she would've gotten a 1s not a 1j. Probably entirely red or a different color all together like purple or something.

She seems to have a preference of red mechs, according to M7. When Gamlin crashed her VF-1J, she had her VF-17 painted red before she piloted it.

It would seem to me that the couple kinda went rogue after Max disappeared. I would doubt that he got a hold of the Macross and asked to fly for the Meltrans. As for the blue uniform and blue Q-Rau? Who knows how the hell they got a hold of that. Maybe it was from a dead Ace (like Millia) waiting to be cloned. I can't imagine Max asking for a custom color and the uniform did make him look a little feminine, with the wide hips look and all. :p

Maybe morally he wasn't a traitor, but what would you call someone that donned the enemy's uniform and flew the enemy's battle craft?

In the TV series, Millia was lucky they saw her wedding and sent Exedol. If not who's side would she be in? I know she wouldn't destroy the Zentraedi battle Pods, but disabling them was still an act of treason.

* ahem * to be the only male on board an entire female ship.

I've switch sides :lol:

other than that, I don't know. movie plot twister.

have you ever been to a dorm room or apartment with entirely female room-mates?

my god you could cut the drama with a knife, if i was max i would have ran!

Hmm... maybe she would've gotten a 1s not a 1j. Probably entirely red or a different color all together like purple or something.

She seems to have a preference of red mechs, according to M7. When Gamlin crashed her VF-1J, she had her VF-17 painted red before she piloted it.

It would seem to me that the couple kinda went rogue after Max disappeared. I would doubt that he got a hold of the Macross and asked to fly for the Meltrans. As for the blue uniform and blue Q-Rau? Who knows how the hell they got a hold of that. Maybe it was from a dead Ace (like Millia) waiting to be cloned. I can't imagine Max asking for a custom color and the uniform did make him look a little feminine, with the wide hips look and all. :p

Maybe morally he wasn't a traitor, but what would you call someone that donned the enemy's uniform and flew the enemy's battle craft?

In the TV series, Millia was lucky they saw her wedding and sent Exedol. If not who's side would she be in? I know she wouldn't destroy the Zentraedi battle Pods, but disabling them was still an act of treason.

You never know... things could have changed by then. A pink valk wouldn't be very fun. <_<

Well let's see... He's the only guy on a ship full of beautiful women, the stuff of Penthouse Letters fantasy. He gets to fly what is at the time the fastest, hottest, most bad-ass mecha in the Macross universe. He's fifty freakin' feet tall. And best of all, he gets a vacation from Hikaru's ceaseless whining! (And I LIKE Hikaru, but he is a whiny little baby.) What would YOU do in this situation? (My fellow men, that is)

There was apparently a scene in which Max contacts the Macross, or his wedding with Millia is broadcast and the Macross picks it up or something, that was cut from the movie.

Radd: that's good information.

Nighthawk, I can just see it:

Dear Sirs,

I used to think the things I read about in Macrosshouse Forum were made up for the entertainment of lonely readers, and I certainly never imagined anything like that would ever happen to me...

. As for the blue uniform and blue Q-Rau? Who knows how the hell they got a hold of that. Maybe it was from a dead Ace (like Millia) waiting to be cloned. I can't imagine Max asking for a custom color and the uniform did make him look a little feminine, with the wide hips look and all. :p

one small problem..do you think that the meltrans would tailor a 50 foot tall UN Spacy uniform just for him? come on, even giving him a Meltran uniform was just stretching it...

You never know... things could have changed by then. A pink valk wouldn't be very fun. <_<

Tell that to the Pink Pecker Squadron... :lol:

lol... not only were they pink... but the name is extremely gay. <_<

Hah, lol, it's so hard to imagine Ray flying a pink valk, too.....

Not nearly as hard as imagining a pink valk. :blink:

I don't have any trouble imagining a pink valk. But that's because i'm wierd. And hung out with too many fangirls in the past.

I think you mean Stockholm Syndrome.

I was trying to make a Die Hard joke... that aparently no one got... sha... :rolleyes:

:o:huh:

Die Hard!!?? How does that connect to Die Hard?

I don't have any trouble imagining a pink valk. But that's because i'm wierd. And hung out with too many fangirls in the past.

Lets see how many times we can quote.

In the 1988 movie Die Hard, the so-called "terrorism expert" being interviewed on TV about the Nakitomi Plaza situation starts talking about the Stockholm Syndrome... but the scriptwriters had him incorrectly calling it the "Helsinki Syndrome". I see tons of people who have seen Die Hard incorrectly call the Stockholm Syndrome the "Helsinki Syndrome". No one seems to catch that in the movie except for me... the joke is lost in a fog now... wandering... :p

Fangirls? Whats wrong with them?!?! I'm one and damn proud of it!

And no... I do not like Pink Valks or Pink Gundams or Pink Zakus. <_<

I'm a purple kind of gal.

Guys, this is getting way off-topic in a hurry.

Radd and Agent One are correct, Max is not a traitor in DYRL. The scenes that were cut from the movie illustrate this. Max and Milia get married while Max is macronized. Max introduces them to love and culture.

Why would Max be a traitor to begin with? Didn't he fight against Bodolza during the last battle? As long as he was keeping an eye on the SDF1.... it doesn't matter whether he was piloting a valk or a Q-rau.

There was apparently a scene in which Max contacts the Macross, or his wedding with Millia is broadcast and the Macross picks it up or something, that was cut from the movie.

I knew of the omitted wedding scene, but never knew he contacted the Macross.

Should omitted scenes even count as far as perceptions? I was just going by what is documented on the screen.

I knew of the omitted wedding scene, but never knew he contacted the Macross.

Should omitted scenes even count as far as perceptions? I was just going by what is documented on the screen.

You also see Max blowing up Zents in a Q-rau.... doesn't that count as fighting for the SDF1? I didn't see him blowing up valks. <_<

The facts of the matter the way I see them:

- Max Jenius is captured in battle with hostile forces (the Meltrandi), making him a POW

- Supposed deleted materials show that while a POW, Max "endoctrinates" the Meltrandi to the side of "culture"

- Max then dons the Meltrandi uniform and flies a Meltrandi unit in combat against Bodolza fleet, presumably in the defense of the Macross

He is not so much a turncoat as he is an opportunist. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. His only option for helping the effort was to be super sized and fly a Q-Rau. My guess would be that if the UN Spacy was anything like a normal army they would hold an investigation to see if he did anything wrong while in this capacity, find him innocent and require he repatriate to the UN Spacy when it was said and done at the least. After all, it is just not propper to have a comissioned officer wearing the uniform of someone else and derelicting duty on an "allied" ship.

EDIT: screwed up a sentence

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

In the 1988 movie Die Hard, the so-called "terrorism expert" being interviewed on TV about the Nakitomi Plaza situation starts talking about the Stockholm Syndrome... but the scriptwriters had him incorrectly calling it the "Helsinki Syndrome". I see tons of people who have seen Die Hard incorrectly call the Stockholm Syndrome the "Helsinki Syndrome". No one seems to catch that in the movie except for me... the joke is lost in a fog now... wandering... :p

Wow, I didn't remember that. I've seen that movie probably 20 times.

Thanks Radd, SuperOstrich, Exo, and Agent One. I didn't really expect to get to the bottom of this--I thought it was just an easily-overlooked plot hole with an amusing angle. Does any of you know where the information on the cut scenes comes from?

Thanks Radd, SuperOstrich, Exo, and Agent One. I didn't really expect to get to the bottom of this--I thought it was just an easily-overlooked plot hole with an amusing angle. Does any of you know where the information on the cut scenes comes from?

The Macross Gold book I believe, however it was also discussed in M7... M7s only redemable feature IMO.

The Macross Gold book I believe, however it was also discussed in M7... M7s only redemable feature IMO.

Yep... during the movie episode of M7 there are a few snipets of their wedding.

Well, I haven't seen M7. I was vaguely aware that Exedor/Exedol is back to being a giant in M7, but I assumed that was because he had himself remacronized for some reason. Does he also have his brains crowding out of his head? In any case, the visual representations of Exedor and Minmay are one thing; following the storyline of DYRL is quite another. In this case, from what you're saying, it appears that in M7, the story is that Max got macronized, married Millia in that state, and then the two of them later got micronized. Really?

Well, I haven't seen M7. I was vaguely aware that Exedor/Exedol is back to being a giant in M7, but I assumed that was because he had himself remacronized for some reason. Does he also have his brains crowding out of his head? In any case, the visual representations of Exedor and Minmay are one thing; following the storyline of DYRL is quite another. In this case, from what you're saying, it appears that in M7, the story is that Max got macronized, married Millia in that state, and then the two of them later got micronized. Really?

Yup... you got it. Now you don't need to see M7!!! Awesome!

Yep. Exodore is his DYRL self. We don't know enough to decide which story M7 follows... but I would say DYRL.

lets go through Max's Point of view.

"Crap looks like I'm not getting out of here with my Valk."

*Gets out of heavily damaged VF-1s*

"Wonder what these Meltrans look like"

*Walks over to where Millia's Qaud Ra is*

*Millia's helmet falls off*

"Beautiful"

*Thinks for a moment*

"SCORE!!!"

*Ship folds*

hahaha... good one...

Max isn't a traitor... He converted the whole Meltran ship to the UN Spacy's cause... How could he be a traitor? :p

Plus he bagged Milia... :rolleyes: *faint*

NO! NO! Don't add to the confusion! :) Macross7 is NOT based on DYRL's chain of events. DYRL is a movie within the Macross universe where Max and Milia play themselves. No I'm not joking.

Macross7's storyline is a direct sequel to the Macross TV series. Macross7's Max and Milia were married as Miclones while flying a valkyrie around as portrayed in the TV series. Macross7 only borrows things VISUALLY from DYRL, one of them being Exedol's appearance.