TSCA form help

Valkyrie addict

I got a shipment from HLJ delayed because they need a non-toxic clarification for Gundam markers, UPS says the info must be provided by the shipper, I contacted HLJ and they told me the receiver must fill the TSCA form, but the package is being hold up halfway trough, how do I get the form and how do I submit it?

help :blink:

Hey VA,

Did you by chance pay with your Visa or other credit card?

I know it may not be a favorable solution, but you could just charge your purchase back to HLJ if you don't get the service you require, and simply shop somewhere else for your gundam markers.

It seems to me that the seller/shipper should be taking care of all requisite forms, as you are paying for the shipment after all. Not to sound unfriendly, I really enjoy HLJ's service but it sounds like more trouble than it's worth to me to keep juggling responsibility.

modelglue

Getting things from HLJ via FedEx into the US had become quite a pain. I had to go through the same thing with my gundam markers. However, since they already had contact info for me on file I was contacted and sent the form through email. You just have do declare what the item are and that they are non-hazardous. Then fax it back to FedEx. And I think there might be a customs charge as well. I'm not 100% sure though.

I've also had shipments of clothing from HLJ delayed (as well as charged for them by US customs PLUS FedEx's charge on top of that) and if you can believe it, FedEx called me on the last shipment of Macross Chronicles books. They wanted to know how many pages, did they have pictures? What language are they in? etc.

When I have things shipped through USPS I usually get my stuff from them without delay. However, FedEx is much cheaper. So it's a choice between hassle and cost.

PS It is up to the RECEIVER to get it squared away with FedEx. Not the shipper.

Edited by Rabidweezil

Thanks Rabidweezil.

Turns out I had received the notification and TSCA form on my email but got filtered to the junk folder. Luckily I found it, filled it and send it to them.

Both shipments are cleared and on route.

BTW, HLJ replied very quickly and were very informative on the why the need of the TSCA form.

I've also had shipments of clothing from HLJ delayed (as well as charged for them by US customs PLUS FedEx's charge on top of that) and if you can believe it, FedEx called me on the last shipment of Macross Chronicles books. They wanted to know how many pages, did they have pictures? What language are they in? etc.

I thought the majority of overseas shipments will not get taxed in the U.S.?? Crap, I just had a shipment of books delivered by FedEx and was about to throw away the letter they sent me as its usually useless info....

I thought the majority of overseas shipments will not get taxed in the U.S.?? Crap, I just had a shipment of books delivered by FedEx and was about to throw away the letter they sent me as its usually useless info....

I am pretty sure there is not a tax on books. I just had to answer a bunch of questions regarding the shipment.Which was odd because I had books shipped before and no one said anything. Maybe it was just a random inquiry. I have more Macross Chronicle books on the way right now. I'll see if it happens again.

Again though, there is a tax on clothing for sure. I ordered a few shirts from HLJ and they ended up costing me an additional $7.00 each for taxes and FedEx's fees.

Only issue I've ever had with FedEx was the time HLJ included a bunch of free materials about the Macross Quarter with some order I made. All it amounted to was a bundle of drawings, but customs threw a fit over it, because it didn't have a declared value, because it was free.

Fortunately, that was squared away between HLJ and FedEx, so I didn't really need to get involved past contacting them both to ask them to resolve it, but it was a pain.