FFXI Christmas Spectacular!

Vostok 7

Now you tell me about her being a supercomputer! I won't try as hard to keep up now. I'll just get fame and Moat Carps then. :mellow:

Bull crap. You never tried to keep up or catch up.

Give me a break. If you really wanted to catch up you would never go on NM hunts for money, you would never try to lv your sub job on the simple excuse that you need MP boost, and you would never try to get fame for a gobie bag.

Want money? Get farm bees for beehivechips, make beeswax and sell them for 10k a stack. Go to the wadi and kill gob ambushers for animal glue, and sett 1 stack for 5k. Got to Gheslba and kill orcs for fire crystals, 30 minutes=4 stack + a ton of conquest points.

Want mp boost? Sorry... you can't have it. You are an elvaan for Petes sake! You will always have 1/10th of taru mp, and 1/5th of hume mp, no matter what you do. And if you really want mp boost, then get your ass to lv30, hunt for a rubby and lv a summoner. If you want mp, get yourself a taru.

Gobie bag? Its really beyond me how anyone, at that lv, would ever need a gobie bag. You either have way too much crap in your inv/mog safe, or you simply don't know how to keep yourself organized. I have all possible accessories and all pieces of armor, and I still have 15 inv slots at any time. I have all jobs (except rdm) at lv11 so I won't ever need lv1 through 7 equipment again. Trust me, 5 inv slots are not worth the time or money you have to put into getting a gobie bag. Doing quests in Windurst is probably the worst experience you will ever have in that game.

And you want fame? Get your brother and Vostok in Beadeaux. Kill copper Quads for Quad helms. Theres an NPC in Bastok that will pay you 700 (or 900) for each helm, and that will also give you fame for each helm you turn in.

See? Its not about taking time to do things, its about being smart at doing them. <_<

I'm not a super computer. I'm stuck in a piece of crap of a country, have no will to go out because its too dangerous, and I have nothing else to do. Plus, I have a linkshell who likes to go on lowbie parties alot, thats how I get so much xp, because those guys play so well its scary.

And you want fame? Get your brother and Vostok in Beadeaux. Kill copper Quads for Quad helms. Theres an NPC in Bastok that will pay you 700 (or 900) for each helm, and that will also give you fame for each helm you turn in.

We have to kill Copper Quads anyway for the mission after the Emissary.

I've finally got myself to about 8k now, with a few good auctions I hope will sell. Then, I'm doing the Drachenfall quest. Then I'm going to Sandy to finish off that orc warlord. After that, I'm going back to Qufim to get myself to lvl 25 so we can finish the dragon quest easily.

And unfortunately, partying with his brother anywhere there's something that can aggro us is like an elephant in a fine china store :lol: <--- yoh's words, not mine.

I think we do need to whip it into shape. My biggest problem has been money and the fact I have none. But I think I have a way to remedy that quickly and easily (the cost of a chocobo and the time to run around and I can make 8-10k a whack) when I get the chance.

Vostok 7

We have to kill Copper Quads anyway for the mission after the Emissary.

I'm not talking about killing for a mission... I'm talking about farming.

And kill the dragon easily at lv25? Gee.... talk about misplaced cockyness(sp). Take a picture when you walk away from that fight cursed and has no one to remove it for you. <_<

And why the heck would anyone need furniture in a mog house? No wonder you guys are out of money. I have 6 pots that were given to me, a stationery set and a brass bed that was also give to me to complete the increase mog safe size quest, which I haven't finished yet.

And kill the dragon easily at lv25? Gee.... talk about misplaced cockyness(sp). Take a picture when you walk away from that fight cursed and has no one to remove it for you. <_<

And why the heck would anyone need furniture in a mog house? No wonder you guys are out of money. I have 6 pots that were given to me, a stationery set and a brass bed that was also give to me to complete the increase mog safe size quest, which I haven't finished yet.

I know you were talking about farming that's why I said "anyway".

I meant easily as in all the guides say you can take that mission at a minimum of lvl 15 :blink: I know it's not going to be easy :rolleyes:

And all I have for furniture is a table and a pot. The table I got for free, and the pot I bought to start getting stuff from gardening.

I was agreeing with you... Geez. Get off my case <_<

Vostok 7

I know you were talking about farming that's why I said "anyway".

I meant easily as in all the guides say you can take that mission at a minimum of lvl 15 :blink: I know it's not going to be easy :rolleyes:

And all I have for furniture is a table and a pot. The table I got for free, and the pot I bought to start getting stuff from gardening.

I was agreeing with you... Geez. Get off my case <_<

Vostok 7

I wasn't talking about you... I was refering to Yoshos mog house.

LOL... guides? WTF? Why would you get a guide for this game? You can get everything for free online and in more reliable format.

I don't get how the heck you guys don't have money. I don't farm, I have only done quests in Bastok, I don't go on witch hunts.... errrr..... NM hunts, and I spend alot of money on spells and equipment. I have 2 pairs of leaping boots, which I don't to sell or use. And I have 70k in my pockets. How is that possible? My main source of income are wind crystals, fire crystals, beeswax once in a while, and whatever I manage to save.

Since you're both Bastok people, easiest thing is to farm in Palborough. If you're high enough, just run in there with your weapon and an empty inventory and lay waste to all the quadavs on the first two floors for Quadav helms and fetich torsos, arms, legs, etc. Even without a thief, Quad parts will drop pretty consistently. Quads on the third floor aren't worth the time because they are stronger and don't drop anything. With a pack loaded full of parts, you can make decent money pretty quickly because they sell to dealers at nice prices so you don't have to wait on the AH.

10 chocobo to palborough

20 kill quads and fill pack with goodies

30 go to third floor and take boat back to bastok

40 sell

50 goto 10

I wasn't talking about you... I was refering to Yoshos mog house.

LOL... guides? WTF? Why would you get a guide for this game? You can get everything for free online and in more reliable format.

I don't get how the heck you guys don't have money. I don't farm, I have only done quests in Bastok, I don't go on witch hunts.... errrr..... NM hunts, and I spend alot of money on spells and equipment. I have 2 pairs of leaping boots, which I don't to sell or use. And I have 70k in my pockets. How is that possible? My main source of income are wind crystals, fire crystals, beeswax once in a while, and whatever I manage to save.

I know you were referring to his house... And as for guides, I didn't buy one :rolleyes: I've been using all the online ones :p

I don't know how I don't have any money either! I'm just unlucky... Whenever I was soloing, I never got any drops, and even when I party I never managed to get anything. And of course, everyone tells you not to lot. Not to mention the fact that I made the mistake of throwing away and selling to shops lots of stuff instead of saving it and stacking.

So the only chance I have to get any serious money is to get some luck on an NM (I did manage to get 5k off that wild cudgel from Hudredscar Hajwaj) or stumble on to some stacks (like bat wings last night, 1.5k). I might go out to the wadi and try my hand at some sulfur stacks (6k), because I can actually get drops off the mobs in the Wadi and plus, I can always get animal glue out there.

And of course, crystals at this level are almost impossible to get. I somehow managed to get a stack of Winds though I'll have to get sold.

Yeah, and you have 70k because you made me give back all the weapons I borrowed from you :p

Vostok 7

Since you're both Bastok people, easiest thing is to farm in Palborough. If you're high enough, just run in there with your weapon and an empty inventory and lay waste to all the quadavs on the first two floors for Quadav helms and fetich torsos, arms, legs, etc. Even without a thief, Quad parts will drop pretty consistently. Quads on the third floor aren't worth the time because they are stronger and don't drop anything. With a pack loaded full of parts, you can make decent money pretty quickly because they sell to dealers at nice prices so you don't have to wait on the AH.

10 chocobo to palborough

20 kill quads and fill pack with goodies

30 go to third floor and take boat back to bastok

40 sell

50 goto 10

I've tried this... Fetich parts just aren't selling on Unicorn... At least I can get 2g less from the markets for them. (198g instead of 200g) But for a few minuites of soot hunting in Zeruhn I can get a stack of soot and trade it to that guy in the mines for 150g for 3 pieces (600g, less than they sell for on the AH but see next point...) and get bat wings and fame to boot.

There's a boat to Bastok from Palborough? Why didn't I know this?

Vostok 7

And of course, crystals at this level are almost impossible to get. I somehow managed to get a stack of Winds though I'll have to get sold.

Crystals can only be scored off monsters that give xp. If they check as Too Weak, you won't be getting anything off of them.

Yeah, and you have 70k because you made me give back all the weapons I borrowed from you

What? I'm supposed to let you keep weapons I paid for? Right. <_<:rolleyes:

As for Fetich parts... they sell... and they sell very well. The secret is to look for parts that are sold out in the AH and sell them for astronomical prices. I have sold Fetich parts for 5k easily, simply because n00bs get too desperate with dying in Pals that they rather get the parts from the AH.

And the best place to farm in Bastok is Dangruf Wadi. The time it takes you to reach Pals mines, is the same time it takes you to come and go from the Wadi. And animal glue sells better then anything Pals mines has to offer. And water crystals sell for crap anywhere in Unicorn. You are better off with fire crystals from the Wadi.

Because you haven't explored enough? <_<

Edited by Abombz!!

And water crystals sell for crap anywhere in Unicorn. You are better off with fire crystals from the Wadi.

Ahh, but water crystals are good for raising cooking!

Also those useless crystals are also good for giving to the gate guards so you can skip those crappy missions.

Edited by imode

And water crystals sell for crap anywhere in Unicorn. You are better off with fire crystals from the Wadi.

Also those useless crystals are also good for giving to the gate guards so you can skip those crappy missions.

Right... but which one of those 2 is actually cooking anything? <_<

Yeah... but between farming crystals that will actually give you oney and farming crystals that you will give to gate guards, I rather farm money giving crystals.

And besides, a stack of earth crystals got for 150 gil in Bastok, just buy 2 or 3 stacks and you are set. :)

Yeah... but between farming crystals that will actually give you oney and farming crystals that you will give to gate guards, I rather farm money giving crystals.

And besides, a stack of earth crystals got for 150 gil in Bastok, just buy 2 or 3 stacks and you are set. :)

gah... stacks of earth go for 500 on lakshmi and I use em like they're going out of style :(

gah... stacks of earth go for 500 on lakshmi and I use em like they're going out of style :(

The best selling crystals in Unicorn are dark crystals. Fire, wind and lightning come next.... and water and earth sell for nothing.

What? I'm supposed to let you keep weapons I paid for? Right. <_<  :rolleyes:

As for Fetich parts... they sell... and they sell very well. The secret is to look for parts that are sold out in the AH and sell them for astronomical prices. I have sold Fetich parts for 5k easily, simply because n00bs get too desperate with dying in Pals that they rather get the parts from the AH.

And the best place to farm in Bastok is Dangruf Wadi. The time it takes you to reach Pals mines, is the same time it takes you to come and go from the Wadi. And animal glue sells better then anything Pals mines has to offer. And water crystals sell for crap anywhere in Unicorn. You are better off with fire crystals from the Wadi.

:lol: yes you're supposed to let me keep stuff you paid for! Duh! :p

Every time I've tried to sell fetich parts on the AH they didn't move... And yeah, I tried that "sell it when there's nothing" thing once by putting a pinch of sulfur up for 6k... didn't sell... :angry:

And I've explored just fine thank you very much. Until now I was too busy to go into Palborough. And maybe a part of me was being a wuss and didn't want to go after the bad experience I had the first time I went there. :p

Vostok 7

Heh, how about light?

Don't know... .never checked it as I never came across a light crystal before. :blink:

And ice? :D

You mostly get the two when you start fighting in the northern lands... which won't be often. However, Ice and Light crystals can also be grown (I think I used earth pot/fruit seeds/dark crystal). Beaucidine and Xarcabard are shitholes. Beautiful locations, but shitholes. I needed a level 65 bst help me get to Fei'Yin just to start my AF2 quest.

Anyway, since the stuff isn't up on the NA Playonline side yet, here's a link from the JP site.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11/limbo/02.html

--

As for the boat:

Palborough_Mines_03.gif

Not totally sure how you missed that one, but the boat is in H-8 directly south of the NM you guys were camping.

Last time I checked a full stack of ce crystals sold for 500, but that was a while ago. The stuff about the limbo world is on the NA playonline, but it isn't hype at all.

Plus I do cook, but I'm not at a high enough skill with it to make anything good.

What? I'm supposed to let you keep weapons I paid for? Right. <_<  :rolleyes:

:lol: yes you're supposed to let me keep stuff you paid for! Duh! :p

Every time I've tried to sell fetich parts on the AH they didn't move... And yeah, I tried that "sell it when there's nothing" thing once by putting a pinch of sulfur up for 6k... didn't sell... :angry:

And I've explored just fine thank you very much. Until now I was too busy to go into Palborough. And maybe a part of me was being a wuss and didn't want to go after the bad experience I had the first time I went there. :p

Vostok 7

Thats because you don't know how to sell stuff. A stack of beeswax go for 12.000 gil, right? Don't be a dumb ass and sell it for 12.000.

The thing is, if there are 12 stack available to purchase in the AH, chances are, 11 of those stacks are being sold for exactly 12k. Now, 1 of them is being sold for 11,5k. If you were to buy a stack, the one priced 11,5k is the one you are going to get.

The lowest priced item is always the first one to go out when someone pays for that item. Just sell whatever you are trying to sell for less then the history price. Heck... even 1 gil less is enough to bump your item to the front of the row.

And trust me... even if you put the price as 200 less then what the price history is, you have 90% of chance someone will come by and pay full price for it, because there are alot of ppl who don't try the lowest price possible first.

I grew a ice crystal from an earth pot (I think mine's earth) / grain seeds / dark crystal.

You guys know the best place to get dark crystals is Raunfare with the fungars. I used to get tons of dark crystals as Sandra when she was high enough to fight the fungars.

I also grew a stack of Millioncorn the other day. Doesn't sell for much though :(

Vostok 7

heh, i've been getting stuff all over the map. probably my biggest score so far have been 4 light crystals. imo, growing stuff from the grain/herb/vegetable seeds is a waste of time. if you're going to grow something, grow from tree cuttings or fruit seeds.

I've not had any financial problems really.... usually everything I accumulate on any trip out sells, and I get more than enough to finance my needs. Goblin gear is probably one of my best sellers... and I get plenty of it.

Then again, I'm a lower lev. player (lv.13 on Pandemonium) and a War. at that... so my financial needs aren't so high. If I keep around 10k, I can get whatever I need. As soon as I hit lv.16 (or whatever the new armor point is after 11) I'll probably stick a little more back. I just laid out a pretty sum for my new Flame claymore that will carry me for several more levels.

I know I should probably put MORE back PERIOD... but I just havent.

now, my lv. 3 monk on Unicorn??? she has virtually NO financial needs... (not yet anyhow)

Only get very little time per day to play, so I have to be effective in how I spend my time there.

Edited by Skull Leader

Had an awesome party yesterday out at the Valkurm beaches. If only they were all that good. :)

Right.... but you guys were getting slopy when we move to the beaches. I went from not being hit at all to being hit once or twice. And seriously.... update your entire equipment! Everytime you asked Jack to tank, you took dmg worse then a naked dark knight.

Tanking is fun, I know (yeah right!!), but if you are going to do it, do it with updated equipment, otherwise all you are doing is making the whms life much harder, and sucking up MP.

And BTW.... go easy on the emotes. When that high lv whm started to tag along with us, she was kind of freaked at the amount of nodding you were doing. :blink:

But yeah.... it was a very good party.

What did I miss! What did I miss! Nice, she'll party with you Drad, but not me. :p I see how this is. :lol:

j/k

I'm seriously torn between keeping trying to trudge on and just plain quitting. There's some things about this game I just cannot stand anymore.

Vostok 7

Take a break from it. My brother did for a couple of days, he went to play NHL2002 for a day and the other he just fished in the game. You know I think I should take a little break sometime. Maybe I could get some sleep.

How can I take a break when you guys are going to lap me (and in abombz case, again and again and again)?

I have enough stress in real life at the moment, I don't need some stupid game taking up all my free time and pissing me off every time I play it because it's so damn frustrating. I'm broke ass poor (I finally hit 11k gil FINALLY) when everyone else brags about how much money they have, I never get any good equipment and it takes me forever to get levels and then, I never get to party with my friends (except yoh I suppose) which was the whole purpose of me getting the damn game in the first place.

And then, I see places like that place in the sky and I'm like "I wanna go there!" but no, I have to be lvl 60-75 to even think about it, and like I'm EVER going to get lvl 60-75 in my lifetime at the speed in which I lvl in this stupid game.

So once again, here I am, more than just a little pissed by this game. I thought questing and NM hunting would breath a little life into it, but then I come here and everyone tells me how stupid it is because you never find them or get anything anyway.

So whats the point anymore.

Vostok 7

How can I take a break when you guys are going to lap me (and in abombz case, again and again and again)?

I have enough stress in real life at the moment, I don't need some stupid game taking up all my free time and pissing me off every time I play it because it's so damn frustrating.  I'm broke ass poor (I finally hit 11k gil FINALLY) when everyone else brags about how much money they have, I never get any good equipment and it takes me forever to get levels and then, I never get to party with my friends (except yoh I suppose) which was the whole purpose of me getting the damn game in the first place.

And then, I see places like that place in the sky and I'm like "I wanna go there!" but no, I have to be lvl 60-75 to even think about it, and like I'm EVER going to get lvl 60-75 in my lifetime at the speed in which I lvl in this stupid game.

So once again, here I am, more than just a little pissed by this game.  I thought questing and NM hunting would breath a little life into it, but then I come here and everyone tells me how stupid it is because you never find them or get anything anyway.

So whats the point anymore.

Vostok 7

LOL! So what? If I was to think that way, I would've quit anyways because everyone in my linkshell not only plays a whole deal better then me, but they are also higher lv, have much more money then I do, know what to do and when to do thing. And yet, I don't try to compete with them. I stopped trying to compete with anyone, when I realized that everytime I logged, and then logged back in the next morning, everyone was lv awsome, while I was lv bullshit, simply because I was out for a few hours.

If you are going to whine about this game, don't whine about how you are losing some imaginary competition against me and Yosho. I have whole days to play this game from morning till night, what do you have? YOu don't even have half the time I have to play this game, so why the frakk are trying to compete?

11k at your lv is good money. I didn't start to get alot of money once I got my advanced classes and went around Gustaberg lving every single class I have. You know how many crystal I got from that? NM hunting is useless unless you are high lv and really need a large injection of money, which isn't your case. I have seen ppl kill 100 NMs and get nothing, so whats the point?

Good equipment? When I was lv25, I was the only war in Elshimo who had no accessory except for the Bastokian ring and was carrying a lv20 sword, which I have yet to retire even. I seriously don't see your point there. You only really have to worry about maintaining up to date equipment if you are a pali (up to date armor is a must), drk (must always have the best weapon, armor is unimportant) and mages (your spells must be up to date, always). The rest can get away with out dated stuff.

Pting with your friends? The only reason I pted with Drad was because my party was in need of a tank. He had the time, so he stuck around till the party disbanded. 3 ppl from that pt were from my LS, while the 3 other were randomers. If you had been around, and was at lv16, I would've invited you. If I get to Qufim, and I need a war, I will invite you, the same fro Yosho and his brother. Its all about being there at the right moment.

Jesus... this is not even a point to be complained about. Its like you get a game, see how awsome the last area is, and whine about how you had to battle your way through the game to get there. <_<

I said it before, and I will say it again, lv30 is the point where the options will open up for you. And if you think pting in Qufim sucks, trust me, you are not the only one. I went there this weekend in hopes of getting a few lvs for my sam (got 2 lvs with them), and I landed into this awsome pt, that went from kick ass to can't even kill a clipper without getting raped. It sucks, and you are not the only who has problems there.

Edited by Abombz!!

Can't you ever just let me be mad in peace? :p

You always have a point... I just hate feeling like I'm being left behind and that's all that has happened. And it doesn't help that you all brag about every little thing I haven't done yet "oh I got a chocobo!" "oh I got to this place!" blah blah blah. I don't even have a fing linkshell to help me or anything (even yoh's brother has a freaking LS!). I don't know what or where I'm supposed to go half of the time. And then I look on the online guides about how to finish quests and stuff and I keep getting shades of the pissy micromanagement of FFTA.

blah.

I'm just getting worn out... between trying to get fame and money, and needing XP bad... it's just too much. And I even took a 3 day off this weekend without playing. The problem is breaks make it worse because I get time to reflect on all the things I hate about something, and that's true of everything. And I'm stupid enough that I keep buying PS2 games and now I bought an Xbox and a whole bunch of games and I feel the need to get those finished but I can't because I'm spending all my time working or playing FFXI.

So basically, it's all my fault. Like always :rolleyes::lol:

Vostok 7