Modern/Vintage Aircraft Decals for Valks

baronv

I'm creating a custom paint job on 1 1/60 VF-1A and wanted to put on vintage aircraft decals like ones used in WWII. Anyone cusomize theirs with these decals and where can I buy some. i searched around and couldn't find them in the correct scale.

I'm creating a custom paint job on 1 1/60 VF-1A and wanted to put on vintage aircraft decals like ones used in WWII. Anyone cusomize theirs with these decals and where can I buy some. i searched around and couldn't find them in the correct scale.

Squadron has tons of them. Just do a search for decals...maybe use a particular WWII aircraft for "keyword," like P-51 Mustang, or whatever you used for inspiration. 1/60 is not a very common scale (I don't know of any injection molded plastic kits in that scale), so I'd probably do a search for 1/72 scale stuff and you'll probably find something useful. If you're looking for something a little more contemporary, you can get some great stuff directly from Twobobs Aviation Graphics.

Yeah, squadron's got about the best selection there is. But you'll probably want to try larger scales---a 1/48 P-51's a LOT smaller than a 1/48 valk.

PS--a lot of the "colorful" valks you see in Japanese hobby magazines etc are based off of 60's and 70's Navy planes--F-4's, F-8's, A-6's, A-7's, and early F-14's.

Squadron has tons of them. Just do a search for decals...maybe use a particular WWII aircraft for "keyword," like P-51 Mustang, or whatever you used for inspiration. 1/60 is not a very common scale (I don't know of any injection molded plastic kits in that scale), so I'd probably do a search for 1/72 scale stuff and you'll probably find something useful. If you're looking for something a little more contemporary, you can get some great stuff directly from Twobobs Aviation Graphics.

Thanks for the info Draykov, especially the link to Twobobs Aviation Graphics. It helped me figure out where to put my decals on my VF-11B FP. :D:D:D