Favorite game of all time & Videogame Company

I can't believe no one's mentioned StarCraft yet. It's definitely an online multiplayer classic. Blizzard knows what they're doing.

Starcraft? Multiplayer?!?!

I don't really care to play games with other people. My friends are the same way. We all love games, but aside from a FPS here and there, we don't play games together.

That's why I quit reading gaming magazines. They give games like Project Gotham 2 ridiculously high scores based more or less on the online modes, and take points away from other games for not implementing some kind of online gimmick.

StarCraft is a great game in 1 player mode, with an excellent story and characters to boot. However, the online part is what keeps this game interesting after all these years. I still play it quite often. Can't believe Blizzard didn't release a soundtrack for it even though the crappy music from WarCraft 3 got the CD treatment.

I can't believe no one's mentioned StarCraft yet.  It's definitely an online multiplayer classic.  Blizzard knows what they're doing.

Starcraft? Multiplayer?!?!

I don't really care to play games with other people. My friends are the same way. We all love games, but aside from a FPS here and there, we don't play games together.

That's why I quit reading gaming magazines. They give games like Project Gotham 2 ridiculously high scores based more or less on the online modes, and take points away from other games for not implementing some kind of online gimmick.

I agree... to a point. Some games do deserve to be played with other ppl though. And thats the case with RTSs. Starcraft was nice in single player mode, but honestly the AI just wasn't enough of a challenge.

But to be honest... I must have played Starcraft multiplayer maybe once or twice. Back then.... my computer was a lag fest. <_<

Starcraft had great single and multi-player. The single player especially was a treat because the story and characters were so engaging. The tale definitely ranks highly among the best video game stories ever made.

I did like Starcraft multiplayer quite a lot and still play it from time to time. However, I do understand the reluctance of many to avoid some types of multiplayer gaming. I recal my early days of Master of Orion II online and it was atrocious. You basically played one of two primary race systems because all the other ones were a disadvantage in multiplayer. Playing online games for days even though you knew the game was already over on Monday and here it is Wednesday. Multiplayer gaming like that I can do without.

First Person Shooters are definitely my favorite type of multiplayer game. Ya get wacked, you get back on your feet instantly and try again. You don't wait a minute, an hour, or a day for the damn game to end when you've already lost :D