amiami ?

talyn8

I thought EMS was only dependent upon weight, not package size..? :unsure:

Otherwise Amiami would be near criminal. Half the content of their packages are paper.

All that paper and the extra large box add weight compared to a small fitted box with air bags. also there can be extra charges for over-sized boxes.

AmiAmi does't tell you the shipping up front? Can you cancel if it turns out to be outrageous? I'd estimate it myself but they don't put the item weight on the page.

AmiAmi doesn't like it when you cancel pre-orders, let alone already processed/payed orders. if you used paypal as your payment method you can refuse to pay when they send you the payment request but they may refuse to let you order from them in the future/cancel all your existing pre-orders. if you want to estimate the shipping cost, look up the weight via HLJ/hobbysearch, double that number then look up the weight you get on AmiAmi's shipping table: http://www.amiami.co...age/t/faq2.html

Edited by anime52k8

I thought EMS was only dependent upon weight, not package size..? :unsure:

Otherwise Amiami would be near criminal. Half the content of their packages are paper.

Nope. It's in ratio.

And nope, I stated HLJ were using big boxes, not Amiami.

AmiAmi does't tell you the shipping up front? Can you cancel if it turns out to be outrageous? I'd estimate it myself but they don't put the item weight on the page.

Yes they tell you up front. And even though they do use bigger boxes than necessary the shipping charges are surprisingly good for the size. Perhaps they get some kind of volume discount with EMS because I was stunned by how little I'd paid for shipping compared to box size the first several times I received orders from them and I order a good volume of items internationally.

Edited by Lupin The Third

And this ratio is?

Point was that Amiami use larger boxes than HLJ.

:p I think we're miss-understanding each other. I said HLJ uses larger boxes than Amiami. ;)

If anything Amiami sometimes packs the content a bit too tight.

As for the ratio. While I speaking from my expereince as presently I'm helping a friend distribute Kotobukiya here in South Africa. And how it works is that there's a graph that a box is charged on weight initailly, however on international flights a size price is added for taking up space in a plane.

I noticed this diffirence years ago when my a Valk from HLJ shipped in a tight box came to $40 shipping. A month later with another but same Valk, the bigger box was $60 shipping.

Unfortunately HLJ replied that there's a fine print in their T&T that the shipping shown on the website is a estimate.