A future kitbash base for an ARMD carrier? = 3 foot Helicarrier

GMANIFESS

I can see it, but it would take a great deal of work to make it into an AMRD, maybe two together with all the side garbage cut off, and proper ARMD sides added on, even the bridge could be adapted, mind you things would be badly out of scale, but...

True.We will never have a perfect scale Macross carrier. But this helicarrier willl probably require some assembly out the box. The bridge, crane & side fans probably come off easily. And considering we will never get a 3ft long ARMD it may be the closest thing we see outside of a scratch build. I'm just thinking of a fun alternative to my current home for my 1/144 valks.... another out of scale, non-accurate Prometheus.... :rolleyes:

100_0912.jpg

0101021942.jpg

A little slow getting to this, but personally, I see more potential in just getting some sheets of styrene (see my signature block for a suggestion). Get .020" and brace it with .040 or .060" thick styrene bulkheads/stringers. I think you'd be wayyyyy better off for about the same cost. - MT

I was just thinking of a fun semi-accurate quick kitbash/repaint that my 5 year old may actually be able to play with. I forgot this was the hardcore super accurate customizing forum... :D I have no workshop or garage access so no major scratch building projects for me. But now that more pics have surfaced, looks like those side fans may come pre-assembled to the main body. So it will definately require more work then i intended... may just repaint it, slap some UN SPACY decals on it & have to put in my alternate universe Macross display area like i did with my Prometheus...

II0210RFS69048.jpg

..100_0927.jpg