name change?

I noticed that the new forum has a name history feature! Neat!

I would like to change my user name from technoblue to mylenesbass, but I also know it is a low priority with the maintenance this weekend. I guess my question is, are name changes still under the jurisdiction of the admins (Graham and Shawn)? I remember there was an older question about this when the previous forum was still up.

And apologies if I'm just being irritating,

David

to quote from the last thread:

Unless there it is some special circumstance involved we don't change member names as general policy. A couple of reason for this. For example: Members gain a rep (good or bad) to their names. We don't want everyone to escape their problems or cause new ones. Another really big one is if it gets out we are changing names for anyone who just feels like using a new handle and there will be more requests for it. As volunteers we rather be reading topic and moderating them as needed instead of taking care of the minor requests from members.

The thread in question is the only name change I'm aware of, and that's because HoveringCheesecake was such an amazing name.

speaking of, i've been thinking of asking to have mine changed to "Master Tasuke" or "Tasuke" if there isn't enough space for the former.

can a Mod help me with that, at their soonest possible convenience?

Edited by Shaorin

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Thank you for bringing the old thread back to my attention. I understand the policy. I was hoping to change my handle to something that was either closer to my real name or more appropriate to the site (and I chose the latter). I have no trading reputation and my posts are few at the moment, but I know what it would look like if this set a precedent that became an avalanche.

Sorry about that.

~ David