US Smokescreen pictures

Myriad

The link doesn't seem to work Myriad. :(

Are you talking about the US release for Altenator Smokescreen?

EDIT: It's working now. Yup.......since I already have the Binaltech (Takara) Smokescreen I'm gonna pass this up. But. If these retail for $20 in the States I'll definently pick up the rest of the line. It's just a matter of painted diecast vs. painted plastic.

Edited by UN Spacy

Looks okay... I will get it. I am not a fan of paint flaking diecast.

If I could change one thing I would make it out of the same plastic that was used for G1 Thundercracker. Thundercrackers plastic has more of a metallic look. Of course, the lighting or camera could be making it more plastic looking. Yes I know it is plastic..........

Not bad but I'm a diecast fan. I own BT-01 #7 and #8 and I'll buy all the Masterpiece and Binaltech line :lol:

It looks fine, but the heft of the Binaltech version, plus the realistic looking paint job mean so much more to me than a couple barely noticable paint chips. Really though, people blow the chipping paint all out of proportion.

Here's how I plan to handle the Binaltech/Alternators thing: If I really, really like the figure (Smokescreen) I'll get the Binaltech version. If I like the figure enough to want it, but it isn't neccessarily a work of art (Sideswipe and Hound), I'll get the Alternators version.

If it's only $20US, then why not. It of course doesn't look the same as the lovely diecast, but if it is that much a lower price, that definately helps. The only one I want though right now though is Hound, and I'll get him die cast.

Any confirmation on Hasbro's price for Smokescreen?

Edited by Anubis

It looks fine, but the heft of the Binaltech version, plus the realistic looking paint job mean so much more to me than a couple barely noticable paint chips. Really though, people blow the chipping paint all out of proportion.

Truthfully, the response is half and half. I own BT Smokescreen, and I transformed him once. the paint is chipping on the bottom part of the cat that makes up Smokey's abs. And it's very noticable, as a few friends of mine noticed it last night. I admit, some people do exaggerate, but the paint chips are indeed noticable. Which means I might buy Alternators for the rest of the line if I'm gonna be sweating bullets while carefully transforming.

Here is a link that compares the US and Japanese version.

http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act156/

I'll be getting the US version 'cause most of my cash flew out the

window with the 1/48 1J.

Don't mind the US version at all actually.

Why not get two? I mean this way you get teh japanese version for collecting and you go buy the US version for fun. Any one know if the US will make 7 and 8 like teh Japanese versions?

oh hey when is it coming out?

Edited by Solscud007

window with the 1/48 1J.

Thanks!

For those who have the Taka version.........

Does the paint on the diecast differ from the colores plastic on the Taka one? Kind of like how parts on the G1 Bluestreak don't really match? (Doors, window area etc)

window with the 1/48 1J.

Thanks!

Does the paint on the diecast differ from the colores plastic on the Taka one? Kind of like how parts on the G1 Bluestreak don't really match? (Doors, window area etc)

Not really, when as a car everything matches up perfectly.

window with the 1/48 1J.

Thanks!

Not really, when as a car everything matches up perfectly.

Wow, they don't look too different at all side by side. You can tell which one is the Takara of course, but the US one looks much better than I thought it would next to it.