What would these sell for today?

Arthurius

HI everyone,

Can you please help me give a Dollar Value range for selling some of these old loose Yamato Macross Toys? I have no room, so might as well they go to someone who does.

1) Yamato 1/48th Stealth with FPs set. Still have the original boxes. It has been transformed about 10 times. I have applied the skull stickers on the heatshield and on the FPs

2) Yamato 1/48th 25th Aniversary VF-1S, no stickers applied, transformed about 10 times, and still have original box.

3) Yamato 1/60th 25th Aniversary YF-19, no stickers applied, transformed about 10 times, and still have original box.

Again, these are loose, not new in box. Your help is greatly appreciated. Also, if puting it on ebay, what minimum value do you recommend starting it at, if not puting a fixed amount? Thanks in advance.

HI everyone,

Can you please help me give a Dollar Value range for selling some of these old loose Yamato Macross Toys? I have no room, so might as well they go to someone who does.

1) Yamato 1/48th Stealth with FPs set. Still have the original boxes. It has been transformed about 10 times. I have applied the skull stickers on the heatshield and on the FPs

Around 200.00, more or less. These are still coveted by quite a few collectors and army builders. Given the condition stated I would say high 100's, and if your lucky enough to get a furios bidding war on ebay you might get a mid 200's.

2) Yamato 1/48th 25th Aniversary VF-1S, no stickers applied, transformed about 10 times, and still have original box.

Around 80.00, given it's description.

3) Yamato 1/60th 25th Aniversary YF-19, no stickers applied, transformed about 10 times, and still have original box.

Around 90.00, given it's description

Again, these are loose, not new in box. Your help is greatly appreciated. Also, if puting it on ebay, what minimum value do you recommend starting it at, if not puting a fixed amount? Thanks in advance.

This is my personal opinion by the facts you have presented and my own willingness to buy.

Good luck on you sales should you decide to sell these.

:)

HI everyone,

Keep in mind, eBay is taking money from sellers for listing, but also for the shipping. So you have to charge more on the backend for shipping to cover this. And don't print labels through pay Pal. Ebay is overcharging for those too, and pocketing the money.

Honestly, if you just want to sell them, start out with a low bid. Seriously, set the opening bid out at 1 dollar. Get some rabid fanboys into a bidding frenzy and let them drive the prices up. These are all toys that fanboys want, so you won't have to worry about them selling for less than they're worth.

Don't let the auctions end on a weekend. Make sure your auctions end at an appropriate time for people to bid. Early in the morning is usually best. Between 10 AM and 1 PM usually. Make sure it doesn't end on a holiday. And be sure to let it run at least 5, but more like 7 days.

EBay has extended the title descriptions, so be sure to use every descriptor you can. This will enable maximum client / bidder potential.

For example:

1:48 STEALTH VF-1J YAMATO MACROSS VALKYRIE ROBOTECH SUPER STRIKE FAST PACKS

It's a lot, but it will cover the scale, company, series (yes, there is more than one series you ill tempered Macross absolutists. :) )

Anyway, I can go and on. Hope this helps.

nightmareB4macross's pricing sounds pretty spot on, however for me I wouldn't dish out 200 for any valks that is loose and stickers applied. It probably would be wise to start low $1.00 and hope for a bidding war. Just make sure to instigate the war by spreading the news ;)

Don't let the auctions end on a weekend. Make sure your auctions end at an appropriate time for people to bid. Early in the morning is usually best. Between 10 AM and 1 PM usually. Make sure it doesn't end on a holiday. And be sure to let it run at least 5, but more like 7 days.

ae_productions - Wow - very thorough and perceptive advice on ebay selling tactics. Just one quesion - why no weekends/holidays or after work hours? Since there is a higher chance some one is at home or free from work to bid. Is it to prevent last minute snipers bidding for the lowest amount without giving time for another bid?

Arthurius - I would suggest aiming high first before going through ebay. Going through ebay doesn't necessarily mean you will make a lot for them. On the contrary you could get less than your asking price depending on where the leaves fall. Figure out a comfortable price your willing to part your collection and try these 3 steps:

1. Craigslist - Nothing easier than saving shipping and getting straight up cash. The buyer can inspect and you get paid immediately. Best of all - Final Sale.

2. Macross World Sale Thread - Nothing better then to allow your mates first dibs with your asking price. Aim high yourself but reasonable in the eyes of your peers. Also note if no one is interested in XXX amount of days you will post on ebay.

3. Ebay - If you've reached this far at least you've already instigated a potential war assuming you let every one knows it's going for starting low here in MW. More work through ebay but at least you went through 2 easier steps before hand. Let the gods decide the cost of your valks.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Haru