Prototype MOSPEADA toward "The Tokyo Moter-Cycle Festival 2011 &#

yui1107

The fairings on that bike look Evil. Can't wait to see it painted up. anybody know what base model it's used from?

The fairings on that bike look Evil. Can't wait to see it painted up. anybody know what base model it's used from?

anybody know what base model it's used from?

Great Mechanics.DX 04 says that it's a Suzuki B-king: http://www.google.co.jp/search?hl=ja&q=suzuki+b+king&um=1&biw=1236&bih=734&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw

I'm guessing it's one of the earliest examples of the B-king, as the article says the bike was released in 2007.07, and the magazine was printed 2008.04.15. Given a 3-month lead-time-to-printer...

(funny, I didn't notice that the section updating progress on this project in GM.DX had disappeared in the past year or so...)

Edited by sketchley

This just happened to pop up in conversation the other day. You know, I think it's been over 6 years since Nandy started building this thing, but I still would have preferred a Mospeada accurate to the actual bikes in the show rather than a "prototype".

This just happened to pop up in conversation the other day. You know, I think it's been over 6 years since Nandy started building this thing, but I still would have preferred a Mospeada accurate to the actual bikes in the show rather than a "prototype".

I think it's been like 3, not 6, but either way, as much as I'd like to complain about how long it's taking him... heck, he's the one doing it, on the side, just for the fun of it, so he has the right to take as long as he wants, lol. As for it being MOSPEADA accurate, I've thought about that too, but don't really know how they would accomplish that. The idea for the bike came from a VR250 Honda, from what I recall, though that bike looks nothing like the bikes in MOSPEADA. Functionally, it's probably more like a Ducati Multistrada (the new one) than anything else.

As for realism, well, at least he's working directly with Shinji Aramaki and making it match the cover art to that most recent MOSPEADA book, so don't think we can ask for more than that.