The Green Hornet

areaseven

This coming January 14, 2011, the classic '60s TV series The Green Hornet receives a big screen remake. Seth Rogen plays the title role while Taiwan superstar Jay Chou (Takumi in Initial D) will be Kato, a role made famous by Bruce Lee over four decades ago. Also starring are Cameron Diaz, Edward James Olmos, Christophe Waltz (Landa in Inglorious Basterds), Tom Wilkinson (Gerald in The Full Monty, Falcone in Batman Begins), Analeigh Tipton (America's Next Top Model contestant) and Edward Furlong (John Connor in Terminator 2: Judgment Day). Making cameo appearances will be comedian Dave Chappelle and Van Williams, the original Green Hornet himself. This film is produced by Neal H. Moritz (The Fast and the Furious series, xXx) and directed by Michel Gondry (Be Kind Rewind).

Sorry, but there's only one Kato - and that's Bruce Lee.

Official Site

post-237-129314902246_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

seen it in the cinema last saturday and it`s quite fun to watch actually... yes, it`s now more campy then Batman but it kinda fits... where Batman went serious, Green Hornet went funny... if they were to redo Batman as campy again, I`d half expect Green Hornet to go serious again... I feel like they are two sides of the same coin, the ying to eachothers yang... so the Green Hornet sa campy while Bats is gritty? sounds about right to me... :)