Time to get your Basara on

Tochiro

To anyone in the Kyoto-Osaka area, I have a spare ticket to see Yoshiki Fukuyama in Kyoto on Dec. 25. Thats right, it'll be a Basara Christmas! PM me if you are available/interested!

Sounds like fun but I will not be in Japan that week but I might be during May'n's 2nd Budokan concert. I have been meaning to ask you how do you go about getting tickets to this? I heard the last one sold out in a few hours. Since you got your hands on tickets I have been meaning to ask you for a while. Is it lottery or only open to fan club members?

I'm interested, but I'm out a couple thousand bucks needed to fly to Japan for Christmas :-) That and I have plans! D'OH!! But it's great to hear Yoshiki Fukayama is still playing strong!! Tell us all about it and if you manage- get some pics!! :-)

Pete

Plus he does many more concerts frequently in Tokyo than Kyoto anyway. I lived in Kyoto for five years and he never came once in that time. I did actually see him in Kyoto while I was living in Osaka before that, though.

I wonder what the venue is this time, because Kyoto is full of tiny historic live houses. The one he performed at in 2004 was "Taku taku", which has been around for decades and the walls are entirely covered in autographs, and has seen huge blues/soul acts like Mavis Staples, etc.

Thanks to the awesome atmosphere, that one was a really cool, intimate acoustic gig. If you're in the area and you like music, that's a good place to go. Beware that it's really hard to find, though, you have to navigate the backstreets with 6th sense ninja skills. There's also a cafe called "Tits" round the corner, though.

Sounds like fun but I will not be in Japan that week but I might be during May'n's 2nd Budokan concert. I have been meaning to ask you how do you go about getting tickets to this? I heard the last one sold out in a few hours. Since you got your hands on tickets I have been meaning to ask you for a while. Is it lottery or only open to fan club members?

ALL concerts are lottery-based and/or fan-club based to some extent. For Mayn, the fan club tics have been sent out (im not a fanclub member for Mayn, just for Macross F), and the first couple of draws are done. The remaining tics already seem to have gone on sale and sold out. You may have to look to Yahoo japan or bidders for auctions.

Plus he does many more concerts frequently in Tokyo than Kyoto anyway. I lived in Kyoto for five years and he never came once in that time. I did actually see him in Kyoto while I was living in Osaka before that, though.

I wonder what the venue is this time, because Kyoto is full of tiny historic live houses. The one he performed at in 2004 was "Taku taku", which has been around for decades and the walls are entirely covered in autographs, and has seen huge blues/soul acts like Mavis Staples, etc.

Thanks to the awesome atmosphere, that one was a really cool, intimate acoustic gig. If you're in the area and you like music, that's a good place to go. Beware that it's really hard to find, though, you have to navigate the backstreets with 6th sense ninja skills. There's also a cafe called "Tits" round the corner, though.

Or a 7th sense consisting of an iphone+google maps skills! lol.

Agreed, he does perform more in Tokyo - which is why Ill be attending his Tokyo gig on Jan 14th. The Kyoto gig is more a matter of.... well Im already down in the area for the Macross F concert, so why not take both in?

Should be interesting comparing the differences between fans/fan behaviour in both regions. Damn, the Budokan gig is only the day after tomorrow. Must start resting up. I have several nights worth of sleeping on busses ahead of me! lol.