Any other "Thing" fans out there?

That's because traditional print media is dead, rock bottom prices are the only way to get people to actually buy books.

That should cause the price of books to rise rather then drop in relation to other items (mass production in printing has a large effect on pricing, wargames, which are nearly dead, have had massive price increases due to the lower print runs)

You mean you didn't watch "Bottom"? FOR SHAME!!

Bottom.

This episode in particular, especially the bit where Richard "forgets how to talk", is simply one of the funniest things I have ever seen. The first time I saw it I was reduced to a helpless, giggling state. Great fun.

That should cause the price of books to rise rather then drop in relation to other items (mass production in printing has a large effect on pricing, wargames, which are nearly dead, have had massive price increases due to the lower print runs)

I think what he meant was that people aren't buying books like they were in the past -- not that publishers are printing books in lesser numbers.

Though that is what I think will eventually happen: My guess is that we will see books meant for the masses -- books such as those on the NY Times Best Sellers List -- will eventually stop being printed; they'll all end up as e-books on the "Kindle 9" or the "iPad 7S".

And eventually the world of publishing will return to being more intimate/private, with only a handful of publishing houses around the world printing books in extremely limited numbers (think runs in the tens, hundreds at the most).

Eh, that's what I envison anyways.