The Power of Music

reddsun1

Actually, it IS specifically related to Macross, in a way. It's been said that "Lili Marleen", the tune he plays on that trumpet, is what the creators of Macross based the concept of "Lynn Minmay" on, because it was the song that brought two warring peoples together, if only for a brief moment.

You can even hear a Japanese version of the song on the "Macross vol.III: Miss DJ" album, sung by Minmay. ^_^

Not specifically related to Macross, per se; so I figured it'd go better here.

http://www.ebaumswor...watch/81111711/

But perhaps there IS something to the notion of the Power of Music, and its ability to stop war?

Actually, it IS specifically related to Macross, in a way. It's been said that "Lili Marleen", the tune he plays on that trumpet, is what the creators of Macross based the concept of "Lynn Minmay" on, because it was the song that brought two warring peoples together, if only for a brief moment.

You can even hear a Japanese version of the song on the "Macross vol.III: Miss DJ" album, sung by Minmay. ^_^

First of all that's a wonderful clip you found reddsun. I got all mistyeyed seeing it.

And Renato, that is some amazing bit of trivia you got there for us. Can you remember were it is you read or heard about it? Just asking because it would make for some fascinating reading.

And Renato, that is some amazing bit of trivia you got there for us. Can you remember were it is you read or heard about it? Just asking because it would make for some fascinating reading.

Argh... Yeah, I forgot where it was exactly. But I'm sure it's in a number of sources. I will take a look in Perfect Memory, since that has an extensive section on the making of the show, from concept through production.

In any case, I recommend you listen to the album! :)

Argh... Yeah, I forgot where it was exactly. But I'm sure it's in a number of sources. I will take a look in Perfect Memory, since that has an extensive section on the making of the show, from concept through production.

In any case, I recommend you listen to the album! :)

I remember reading it in Robotech Art 1...

OK, here we go, Wikipedia to the rescue! ^_^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynn_Minmay_%28Macross%29

Macross creators Mikimoto Haruhiko and Kawamori Shoji have stated that Minmay's popularity in both sides of the war is partially inspired by the song Lili Marleen, a German love song which was popular on both sides during World War II.[1][4][6][11]

The footnotes refer to the liner notes on the Animigo and ADV releases, which in turn were likely Egan Loo's translations from, as I thought, Perfect Memory, which is the other reference.

Heh, that was some pretty smooth investigating right there. :p

I remember reading it in Robotech Art 1...

Well, then, Robotech to the rescue! B))

EDIT -- Though, again, they probably just got it from Perfect Memory, too. :p

Edited by Renato

OK, here we go, Wikipedia to the rescue! ^_^

http://en.wikipedia....y_%28Macross%29

Macross creators Mikimoto Haruhiko and Kawamori Shoji have stated that Minmay's popularity in both sides of the war is partially inspired by the song Lili Marleen, a German love song which was popular on both sides during World War II.[1][4][6][11]

The footnotes refer to the liner notes on the Animigo and ADV releases, which in turn were likely Egan Loo's translations from, as I thought, Perfect Memory, which is the other reference.

Heh, that was some pretty smooth investigating right there. :p

Well, then, Robotech to the rescue! B))

EDIT -- Though, again, they probably just got it from Perfect Memory, too. :p

Thanks for the info.