How to tell if its version 1 or version 2 and so on?

iTEN

Hi everyone,

Wanted to know how to tell which is what version of the Yamato 1/60 VF toys.

I'm not entirely sure how to look at which is what. I'm just trying to avoid getting the ones that will have defects in them. Any tips/advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

If the legs are diecast and the details appear far more crude, yet certain aspects appear CLOSER to the line art (cockpit shape for example, IMO), it's a v1. If it's really light and has apparently no diecast, yet has a bunch of tampo printed markings with a better scaled pilot/cockpit, and 1/48 details/gimmicks, it's a v2

If the legs are diecast and the details appear far more crude, yet certain aspects appear CLOSER to the line art (cockpit shape for example, IMO), it's a v1. If it's really light and has apparently no diecast, yet has a bunch of tampo printed markings with a better scaled pilot/cockpit, and 1/48 details/gimmicks, it's a v2

Any way to tell by the box?

Hi everyone,Wanted to know how to tell which is what version of the Yamato 1/60 VF toys.I'm not entirely sure how to look at which is what. I'm just trying to avoid getting the ones that will have defects in them. Any tips/advice is much appreciated!Thanks!

V1 has square panels on the side of the nose FLIR sensors, because of the removable plug-in piece. On the V2 1/60, this piece is done away with and you will see circles on the sides of the FLIR sensors instead. From above the V1 has a more narrow nose/randome. The V1 also has more noticeable screw covers.

Any way to tell by the box?

Most of the V1 1/60 VF-1's came in black boxes sans flap.

If it has a see-through plastic window with no flap on the box, it's a v1. IIRC all the v2 don't. Do any v2 have a flap?

Actually most of the V2's had flaps until the TV Focker was released IIRC.

So , the box with the " + " (one with the skull light) is a V2?

Yes.

I posted this on the other thread. If you're looking for a VF-1, then this is the one to get. I have this one. No flap. It's perfectly safe. Smooth shoulder pins. Plus you get a geeky pen light. There's a red and black box that is for Hikaro.

IMG_2250.jpg

If you're going to get one off Ebay, be very careful. I inquired a few times with various sellers, and they were all cryptic about which version it was. In the end, I paid a bit more at my local comic shop because I wanted to be 100% sure. They even let me open the box to inspect it.

I also just ordered a VF-0S off HLJ after confirming with people on MW and the folks at HLJ that the one they were selling was in fact the second version. If you're paranoid like I am, just deal with reputable online sellers, and get confirmation by email. Places like HLJ will shoot straight with you.

Edited by pud333