DC Universe Online

areaseven

Coming this November is an MMORPG based on the DC Universe. The official trailer was unveiled at this year's San Diego Comic-Con. DC, WB Games and Sony Online Entertainment appear to have thrown everything and the kitchen sink into this, with veteran artist Jim Lee serving as Executive Creative Director and some staff of EverQuest working with him.

The voice cast is very extensive, with many voice talents reprising their roles from various DC animated titles:

Kevin Conroy as Batman

Mark Hamill as The Joker

Adam Baldwin as Superman

James Marsters as Lex Luthor and Brainiac

Robert Patrick as Hawkman

Jennifer Hale as Zatanna

Summer Glau as Supergirl

The setting of the game is present-day Earth, where a future version of Lex Luthor travels to warn all of the superheroes of his timeline, where all of the heroes and villains fell prey to Brainiac because they were too busy beating each other up.

I'm not sure if it's worth playing, but this trailer is highly impressive.

I'll give it a try, same with Old Republic. I am desperately looking for something to get the WoW monkey off my back. Mass Effect 2 did it for about 2 weeks...

• 5 months later...

Little thread necromancy here... anyone out there playing this / totally addicted to it? Not that I am. Someone else might be. Just sayin'. :p

My friend is addicted to it. I was in the Beta, and had a lot of fun with it, but I have no idea what the endgame will be like.

Been playing Vindictus, and I am totally loving it. WoW has finally loosened it's talons from me, as I haven't played in about 2 months. Also, Minecraft multiplayer.

My friend is addicted to it. I was in the Beta, and had a lot of fun with it, but I have no idea what the endgame will be like.

Been playing Vindictus, and I am totally loving it. WoW has finally loosened it's talons from me, as I haven't played in about 2 months. Also, Minecraft multiplayer.

I played the beta and was not impressed enough to drop $60 on it and want to spend $15 a month on it. It was lacking in some areas and got very repetitive way too fast IMO. The combat chains for me were very repetitive too.

I may have to try Vindictus.