Custom 1/48 project

Aegis!

I´m planning on doing a custom 1/48 project with a VF-1A and Roy VF-1S , but I´m having some worries on how easy or possible it is to swap heads between 2 1/48s and how to do it safely ?

anyone with experience in this field ? I know the heatshield on the 1S wouldn´t match up to the VF-1S Hikaru ( the 1A being black ) and the little ¨arrows and dots¨ on the heads would have to be repainted but It´s note a problem for me personally , itñs just that I´m in love with that VF-1A Roy custom that was shown some time ago.

Could anyone enlighten me on how to do this and if you like the idea ? I know a Roy 1A is weird but man you have to see the beauty of it to know how awesome it looks.

I personally think doing this is more convenient and easy that buying a 1A and painting it with Roy colours and a Hikaru 1S.

Edited by Aegis!

I've done the head swap before. It's extreamely easy to do. All you need is a small phillips screwdriver and you're in business.

So there isn´t any risk of breaking any part or anything like that ? would the heads accomodate well in the new valk ? how well does the head move after such a maneuver ? doesn´t it stay loose ?

Your help is much appreciated , thanks.

I think That my project is viable so I think I´ll do it , now it´s just a matter of time before I get my 1A and 1S re-issues. shame I didn´t get the opportunity of buying an Low vis but WTH , the Roy 1A is cool as hell.

I´m planning on doing a custom 1/48 project with a VF-1A and Roy VF-1S , but I´m having some worries on how easy or possible it is to swap heads between 2 1/48s and how to do it safely ?

anyone with experience in this field ? I know the heatshield on the 1S wouldn´t match up to the VF-1S Hikaru ( the 1A being black ) and the little ¨arrows and dots¨ on the heads would have to be repainted but It´s note a problem for me personally , itñs just that I´m in love with that VF-1A Roy custom that was shown some time ago.

Could anyone enlighten me on how to do this and if you like the idea ? I know a Roy 1A  is weird but man you have to see the beauty of it to know how awesome it looks.

I personally think doing this is more convenient and easy that buying a 1A and painting it with Roy colours and a Hikaru 1S.

Personally, if I were to do what you're suggesting, I'd see what the "Roy 1A" looks like with a yellow heat shield. The paint scheme looks awesome with the black heatshield, and might look too banana-ish with all that yellow, but just to be consistent with the Max/Hikaru 1As, I'd consider trying it. Also, I'd put some other number on the nose/wing (as opposed to 001). It stands to reason that other members of Skull Team/Squadron had similar paint schemes to the main characters but we might not have ever seen them.

That would sort of complicate an otherwise simple custom, but I figure if you're gonna bother changing things up, why not?

hj02-sept-page-6.jpg

Anyone making custom 1/48 heads yet?

I don't know of any, but you can find Yamato heads on eBay every now and then (when people have unfortunate accidents).

Edited by Draykov

Could anyone enlighten me on how to do this and if you like the idea ? I know a Roy 1A  is weird but man you have to see the beauty of it to know how awesome it looks.

Personally, if I were to do what you're suggesting, I'd see what the "Roy 1A" looks like with a yellow heat shield. The paint scheme looks awesome with the black heatshield, and might look too banana-ish with all that yellow, but just to be consistent with the Max/Hikaru 1As, I'd consider trying it. Also, I'd put some other number on the nose/wing (as opposed to 1A). It stands to reason that other members of Skull Team/Squadron had similar paint schemes to the main characters but we might not have ever seen them.

That would sort of complicate an otherwise simple custom, but I figure if you're gonna bother changing things up, why not?

hj02-sept-page-6.jpg

Anyone making custom 1/48 heads yet?

I don't know of any, but you can find Yamato heads on eBay every now and then (when people have unfortunate accidents).

ahem...mmmm...my point was that I would swap heads between a Hikaru 1A (black heatshield) and a 1S Roy (black Heatshield). The only mismatching valk would be the Hikaru 1S (1A body , 1S head ) with its black heatshield (instead of the canon red one ).Yeah , the yellow heatshield looks good but I prefer the black ones. I just hope the re-issues are as good as the Hikaru 1S or Low Vis :)

Something like this.... :D

Oh you little bast*rd :lol: That´s awesome , when did you do it ?

I love that custom you know :D The black heatshield certainly increases the menacing appearance of the valk though

Congratulations for such a beautiful custom mate

Thanks for the props Aegid.

I made it about six months ago when I decided to make a Max strike and had pretty much a whole complete "spare parts "valk and made this. I figure I had'nt seen anyone make and decided to myself. Although the same thing applies if you do make a custom using two (really expensive) then you'll have enough to make whatever. Keep us posted on what you decide.

ahem...mmmm...my point was that I would swap heads between a Hikaru 1A (black heatshield) and a 1S Roy (black Heatshield).

I'm still fuzzy on this. The 1/48 Hikaru 1A and 1S both come with red heatshields.

148VF1AH_b1.jpg

That's a purty yellow 1A, Rune. Me likey.

Edited by Draykov

ahem...mmmm...my point was that I would swap heads between a Hikaru 1A (black heatshield) and a 1S Roy (black Heatshield).

I'm still fuzzy on this. The 1/48 Hikaru 1A and 1S both come with red heatshields.

148VF1AH_b1.jpg

That's a purty yellow 1A, Rune. Me likey.

Damn , I must´ve inhaled something funky cause I would´ve bet the 1A had a black heatshield :blink::unsure: ...Oh well that´s even better then :lol:

made it about six months ago when I decided to make a Max strike and had pretty much a whole complete "spare parts "valk and made this. I figure I had'nt seen anyone make and decided to myself. Although the same thing applies if you do make a custom using two (really expensive) then you'll have enough to make whatever. Keep us posted on what you decide.

Yeah , they´re expensive indeed but I´ll only be swaping the heads and painting the yellow/red spots in the heads so (now) I think there isn´t much of a risk there.