Macross voice performers in non-Macross roles

"I wanna be you toy!" That's some funny stuff...

Since I just finished watching Gundam 0079, I became aware that Sayla Mass is voiced by You Inoue who also did the voice of Kanuka Clancy in Patlabor (one of my faves for sure).. What made me spit my coffee through my teeth and nearly hit my keyboard was that she also did the voice of Gepelnitch in Macross 7...

You Inoue, RIP... I thought it was always obvious that she was Gepelnitch (as well as the Macross 7 narrator for the first arc). However, Urusei Yatsura is on reruns here in Tokyo and as I was watching it the other day, I noticed that Oyuki sounded familiar and I thought it was her... but it turned out to be Noriko Ohara (Claudia LaSalle)! What's more amazing was that Inoue WAS in the episode, but as Ran, who sounds nothing like Kanuka Clancy nor Gepelnitch, to my amazement.

Also, Akira Kamiya pops up in there too, as Mendou.

She's also (I believe) played more Macross characters than anybody else: Mylene (of course), Canary Minmay (from Macross Generation) and one of the Milky Dolls.

Ah, but I think Arihiro Hase also holds that record since he also played three characters throughout the Macross series: Hikaru, Bobby the Jammingbird and, lastly, Zomd. Or is it Goram? Who cares? "Hooo hooo hooo...." :wacko:

Ah, but I think Arihiro Hase also holds that record since he also played three characters throughout the Macross series: Hikaru, Bobby the Jammingbird and, lastly, Zomd. Or is it Goram? Who cares? "Hooo hooo hooo...." :wacko:

Also, Arihiro Hase, RIP... was Bowie Emerson voice in The Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross.

Edited by Lobizon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...