vf-1S heat shield

AhBong

just got a quick question. i know the Yammies 1S-hikaru heat shield is in red colour but shouldn't it be in black? i watched the DYRL again and noticed before Max and Hikaru was promoted to commander, both of they were flying 1A and the heat shield were blue and red respectively. but later on, when MAX assumed the position of commander and was fighting Milia on earth i notice the heat shield is black, so is Hikaru's at the final battle.

personally i like the heat shielf to be in red, so what do you think? <_<

Welcome to the MW Forums AhBong. :p

Based on the replies (and evidence) from fellow MW'ers I don't think we'll EVER get a definitive answer. This topic has been around the block time and time (and time and time) again.

Personally I think it should be some kind of priviledge for ALL Squadron Leaders to adourn the BLACK heathshield (for their VF-1S).

I guess it wasn't too hard for Yamato to decide......they made Hikaru's headshield red. :ph34r:

They talk about this quite a bit in this thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...&f=2&t=1178&hl=

Somewhere on the first page, Graham confirmed that the "official" heatshield color of the Hikaru VF-1S is red and the Max VF-1S is blue. I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of other threads where this is discussed too, but this was the first one I found. :)

I kinda like the idea that they all get black heatshields whenever someone gets promoted to a VF-1S, but have always leaned away from it because there's a part of my brain that still wants to think that there was something extra special about Roy's VF-1S. I guess, in the end, I'd settle for either because I think they both look pretty good.

edit: Oh yeah, welcome to Macrossworld.

Edited by tom64ss

well the answer that I found most interesting was by who I forgot, but he said that the color of the heatshield should match the color of the skull sticker on the boosters. I think it was Graham who said this. That makes most sense to me. :p:D:lol:

Welcome to "World O' Macross" !

Personally I passed up this release mainly because I thought the heat shield should be black as well, and I didn't feel like trying to customize the heatshield. :)

just got a quick question. i know the Yammies 1S-hikaru heat shield is in red colour but shouldn't it be in black? i watched the DYRL again and noticed before Max and Hikaru was promoted to commander, both of they were flying 1A and the heat shield were blue and red respectively. but later on, when MAX assumed the position of commander and was fighting Milia on earth i notice the heat shield is black, so is Hikaru's at the final battle.

personally i like the heat shielf to be in red, so what do you think? <_<

cel painter error.

You people are on crack. Just watched DYRL again.. Hikarus is clearly red. When he was along side Misa by the bridge and the money shot at Bodolza. The was one right before that shot where it was black but it wsa clearly a shadow cast.

Max on the other hand was going way too fast to get a good look...

well, the only reasonable explanation to that is that the movie has bugs :D (just like roy's heatshield was yellow when he entered into the enemy space ship to rescue hikaru & minmay after they were captured on a tryst at saturn:P), i have watched the movie again and noticed that scene hikaru flying 1s at teh side of bridge and nodding to Misa, the heat shield is red but the last scene right before he blew off the Big BRain, the heat shield was clearly black. (query where was Max at that time B)) )

as for max, the figthing scene with Milia right after kakazaki was blown up, i think i saw a black heat shield. anyway i think it doesn't really matter, it is up to your personal taste, just like the Low-viz which never appeared in the show and yet has received wide popularity.

yeah, you cannot use the movie as a reference to the heatshield colors...it gets a little confusing :huh:

fok1.jpg

Black

fok2.jpg

Yellow

max1.jpg

Black

hik1.jpg

Red (forgot to turn the subs off dangit...)

hik2.jpg

Black (and sorry..that's not a shadow)

mine.jpg

Me..like I have said all along..black just looks better and makes the 1S stand out more

yeah, you cannot use the movie as a reference to the heatshield colors...it gets a little confusing :huh:

yeah... I doubt screening the movie frame by frame was what the creators intended... That screenshot you took was appeared for a split second, a couple of frames later it clearly red when he's closer to the camera... like I said, majority of the time you can see that Hikaru's heatshield is red. Just like Roy's is black. Max's is the only one you can't see slearly because his scene was pure adrenaline.

And if you can't use the movie as reference then what's the argument about? I'm answering based on what the original question of the thread...

Personally I hope everyone could get the color of his or her choosing...

:wub: if only yammies are as nice as these....... :p

Well, since the Yamato toys transform and the Hasegawa models do not, I'd say the Yamato toys are BETTER. I do, however, remember seeing a site where someone had modified a Hasegawa model and made it transformable. Wish I still had that link.

If anyone has seen Transformers cartoons lately, you know just how bad artist's mistakes can be. That show is riddled with errors. I can understand a few errors that occur within Macross. It kind of makes this a personnal preference issue. Black or Red heat shield, I'm still going to support Yamato for making some of the greatest toys ever. I think that's something we can ALL agree on. B))