Can't decide on which VF-1S TV to buy

GU-11

Hope I'm not not posting in the wrong place again this time; I wanted to post this in the SCOOPDA thread, but it only contained announcements and no questions.

I've heard there's a weathering version of the VF-1 strike parts soon to be released, but I really need to know if Yamato will re-release its "generic" Super Parts for the 1/60 VF-1's. I'd like to buy the upcoming VF-1S TV Super Parts version, but Yamato is forcing me to buy both, since the two versions either comes with a Roy pilot only, or just the Super parts with a Hikaru pilot.

Initially, I planned to buy a VF-1J Hikaru with Super Parts, and then use the parts and Hikaru pilot that came with the package on the VF-1S. Problem is, the one on sale at HLJ reportedly has knurled pins. So my only option of getting a VF-1S with both a Roy pilot AND Super parts is to buy both versions, which I hope I won't have to do if I can find a standalone Super parts set.

If anyone knows if Yamato has any plans to release a Super parts set, please let me know so I can make a final decision whether to buy both versions or not.

Thanks in advance.

Hope I'm not not posting in the wrong place again this time; I wanted to post this in the SCOOPDA thread, but it only contained announcements and no questions.

I've heard there's a weathering version of the VF-1 strike parts soon to be released, but I really need to know if Yamato will re-release its "generic" Super Parts for the 1/60 VF-1's. I'd like to buy the upcoming VF-1S TV Super Parts version, but Yamato is forcing me to buy both, since the two versions either comes with a Roy pilot only, or just the Super parts with a Hikaru pilot.

Initially, I planned to buy a VF-1J Hikaru with Super Parts, and then use the parts and Hikaru pilot that came with the package on the VF-1S. Problem is, the one on sale at HLJ reportedly has knurled pins. So my only option of getting a VF-1S with both a Roy pilot AND Super parts is to buy both versions, which I hope I won't have to do if I can find a standalone Super parts set.

If anyone knows if Yamato has any plans to release a Super parts set, please let me know so I can make a final decision whether to buy both versions or not.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00106

Standalone TV Super parts are still available.

Edited by BlueMax

Gee... the super/strike fast pack is still everywhere.

I did check out HLJ's site (personally prefer to buy from them), but the search engine yielded nothing. Somehow Bluemax found this link to the Super Parts.

I pre-ordered two, the Roy TV 1S, and, the Hikaru Super TV 1S. You he pilots it in the final battle with the main bodol fleet.

Honestly, I'm still wondering if I can somehow scrounge some extra funds to squeeze in Hikaru's Super TV VF-1S into my already burgeoning to-buy list. Currently waiting for TV Roy VF-1S, VF-0A, and YF-19 to arrive and eventually go on sale, unless it goes into "low stock" status, in which case I'll have to buy them at full price. Owning both VF-1S's would be awesome.

The Strike parts are listed as 'discontinued' on HLj, thus you can't find them. TV Superpartsare in the "figures" section (?!?!), thus most people don't look there as well.

Dude, I salute you! B)) Never would have thought to look in the action figures section for an accessory. What the heck was HLJ thinking, putting it there, anyways?

That's sweet, bro! Almost half the price of what HLJ is asking for, and the shipping's cheaper, too! And then there's that special giveaway item thing!

Thanks!

Thinking of getting a couple there myself right now! Only thing is that it seems each person is only entitled to order 1 of the marked down items.... So no multiple fast packs... Hm.....

Thinking of getting a couple there myself right now! Only thing is that it seems each person is only entitled to order 1 of the marked down items.... So no multiple fast packs... Hm.....

Personally, I'm pretty much a stickler for movie accuracy, so I don't plan on putting Super Packs on those Valks that don't use them in the anime. Still, at that low price, I'd have bought at least one more just to mount on my VF-1D VR! B))