1/8 scale Honda ASIMO

drifand

Hi folks! For those of you who like real-world robots, you might find this interesting. I've been trying for some time to get hold of the nicely articulated Honda ASIMO toy which was supposed to be a company issued souvenir in Japan, I think. Several attempts on eBay were foiled either by crazy bidding or sellers who won't ship outside of Japan or USA. Anyway, a good friend finally tracked one down in Tokyo after several days of hunting, so I finally got this little gem! :-)

I've done a short review of it on Toybox DX (alas! The bbs there is still under repairs), with some comparison pix with PINO, another figure of a real-world bipedal research robot. They aren't the same scale, but they sure look like they belong in the same room together... Let me know what you think of these. :-)

post-26-1069211250_thumb.jpg

Reminds me of Twiki from Buck Rogers.

"Biddie-biddie-biddie-biddie-biddie."

Can't argue with that. If there was a GOOD toy of Twiki in a similar scale, I'd probably want it too! Other sub human-sized robot designs that look somewhat 'real-world' -

- VINCENT and BOB from The Blackhole

- Pit Droids from SW Episode 1

- Kanchi (ie Terebi-kun) from FLCL

- Little SOLL from the Lensman anime

Anymore? Maybe I should spring for a couple of those Medicom AIBO figurines that come with a lolipop!

Whoa! That would be a easy and kick-as$ scratch-build! :lol: hmmmm....

I haven't thought of those droids in a long time. What was the evil robots name? Maxwell or something?

Anymore?!? How 'bout Number 5 from Short Circuit *gag*.... "Number 5 alive Stephanie!"

Edited by Veifwan Es

Whoa! That would be a easy and kick-as$ scratch-build! :lol: hmmmm....

I haven't thought of those droids in a long time. What was the evil robots name? Maxwell or something?

Anymore?!? How 'bout Number 5 from Short Circuit *gag*.... "Number 5 alive Stephanie!"

Maxamillion

Here's a link for the main robots from The Blackhole, Maximillian was one mean SOB!

SOLL from Lensman is just so cute! There were 2 SOLL toys made by TOMY. I've only got the smaller figure, but I like it alot.

Buck Rogers' Twiki actually looks a little creepy after so many years (it's the souless eyes, I think). I think there's a small action figure or it.

And Kanchi is just so cool... Harmless housekeeper until the next weirdo robot attacks! I really wish the Kaiyodo toy was made of better material, but it's probably as good as it gets for a 6-ep OVA that ended ages ago.

For those who have friends in Japan, visit the link for ASIMO on my review. The ASIMO site has a gift shop selling the toy (amongst other goodies) for a mere 1500yen. Only problem of course is that it's only shipped within Japan. :-/

Here's a link for the main robots from The Blackhole, Maximillian was one mean SOB!

SOLL from Lensman is just so cute! There were 2 SOLL toys made by TOMY. I've only got the smaller figure, but I like it alot.

Buck Rogers' Twiki actually looks a little creepy after so many years (it's the souless eyes, I think). I think there's a small action figure or it.

And Kanchi is just so cool... Harmless housekeeper until the next weirdo robot attacks! I really wish the Kaiyodo toy was made of better material, but it's probably as good as it gets for a 6-ep OVA that ended ages ago.

For those who have friends in Japan, visit the link for ASIMO on my review. The ASIMO site has a gift shop selling the toy (amongst other goodies) for a mere 1500yen. Only problem of course is that it's only shipped within Japan. :-/

Its really funny about blackhole. In many ways the older non-restorted versions are better cause there you can't see the strings holding up all the robots that well. On the DVD the strings are oh so obvious :lol::p:rolleyes:

HARO!

That's what I want, but no, not the original Haro, but the Gundam SEED Haro. I want like 20 of them floating around chirping at me in Japanese, except for when they say HARO! of course. That way I can swing a bat in any direction, and be guaranteed to smash one of the little phuckers.

Except, unlike Lux Kleine, I wouldn't call them Pink Chan, or Green Chan etc, it would have to be more colorful names, like I'd have each one named after one of the seven words you can't say on television. :lol: