RIP Peter Graves......

On a slightly more serious note I offhandedly said the gladiator line just after telling my wife that Graves had died, and got in quite a bit of trouble for making her laugh that hard about a dead man.

I just figured he'd take it as a compliment, celebration of his works and all that.

"He learned, almost too late, that man is a feeling creature and, because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned, too late for himself, that men have to make their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can't be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And, when men seek such perfection, they find there's only death, fire, loss, disillusionment, the end of everything that's gone forward. Men have always sought an end to toil and misery. It can't be given; it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from man himself."

He was great. Peter Graves was an actor who never took himself seriously.

RIP =(

I think you meant to say "too seriously", but anyway.

A great loss. One of those actors who normally does relatively serious roles, but when he did comedy his timing was perfect.

Taksraven

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Thats a Leslie Nielsen line. EEEEK, DON'T JINX HIM!!!!!!

Actually, I probably killed him since I downloaded a heap of "Flying High" (Thats the title that Airplane! had in Australia) audioclips to put on my phone for message alerts, etc, the day before he died. Thought about watching the movie too.

Taksraven

(Killing the past, one person at a time)