for those who are married with kids...

bishop54

aeronautic engineer. curantly working at an aluminium extrusion company to help them meet the ISO-TS requirments for automobile industry. also at wrok as a teacher at collage. we are training students to become aircraft maintenance crew, both civil and military. befor i worked at a medical company cheking and installing x-ray machines all over europe.

aeronautic engineer. curantly working at an aluminium extrusion company to help them meet the ISO-TS requirments for automobile industry. also at wrok as a teacher at collage. we are training students to become aircraft maintenance crew, both civil and military. befor i worked at a medical company cheking and installing x-ray machines all over europe.

Nice... is this mean we can ask for....... detail part of landing gear bay and so forth? cuz I can only get to one air show per year at edward air force base... sometimes it's really hard to get close..... :rolleyes:

the school where i work has an F16 besides that landinggear is often not that hard to understand.

so yes you can ask me questions about any part of airplanes and i will try to answer it. my school is not that big only about 150 students are studying about aircraft maintenance.

Edited by hibiki_konzake

the school where i work has an F16 besides that landinggear is often not that hard to understand.

so yes you can ask me questions about any part of airplanes and i will try to answer it. my school is not that big only about 150 students are studying about aircraft maintenance.

I'm not sure if my brain can take information but thank you... so back to the question I had earlier, isn't vf-1's rear landing gear is similar to F-18 Hornet no? :blink:

my girlfriend wants to build a veritech after she saw the box of 1/48's from hlj.

i still can't get her to wear a short skirt, macross type uniform for halloween.

-thor

YOU HAVE MISSION TO ACCOMPLISH THOR! DO IT! we should make all of our wives and girl friends dress like...... you know.... :rolleyes:

I started with Robotech when I was in Middle School in the early 80's.

The first model I ever had was a 1/100 factory from arii from KB toys for $20.00.

Moved to another state, grew up and then joined the military and never seen it again until I got on the internets after I was married in the mid 90's and found out where Robotech originated. Found hlj.com and Macross world was a newsgroup back then, before Shawn and Graham started MacrossWorld.com. Man those were the days.

Not long afterward I had to take a hiatus when the kids were really young, The 0-3 years age because all the money was diverted to milk and diapers and me going to college to get a degree. And while waiting until I could find my time and space again, all of my beautiful resin models/kits and toys were destroyed by either a cat or a kid.

I started slowly back again over the past couple of years and my poor closet (thank goodness I have my own huge walk in closet now) is packed full with yamato's and every model kit I can get a hold of.

The wife has been great with it all and lets me have my free time and buy my toys. So long as I give her some of my time, take care of the bills and bring home the bacon and be a good parent/role model, she is good with what I do. She actually tries to take interest in it with me although she doesnt care for it.

I have yet to get any of the newer v2.0 yamato's but I am about to purchase the 21/22 and am postponing as long as possible because of their price. So looking forward to the new Hase 1/48 VF-1!

There is a shed out back that's 150-200 sq ft that I have to fix up to make it my Shrine for Macross and model building. Hard to do with all I have to catch up on buying while doing projects around the house as well.

Whew that was alot!

To those with small kids...stick with it. The kids are great and will eventually be the excuse to keep buying toys :lol:

good story... I have 3 year old and I'm really getting tired of buying thomas and friends, cars the movie toy and fireman sam and all the fire truck he sees and can't wait until he ask me "dad did new version of macross plane came out yet? if not make sure to keep me update on release date.. cool?" that would be the day I will cry for joy....

Like a lot of guys here staring watching Robotech as a kid (around '84 to '86).

Fell in love with it from the start, I kinda thought it was three shows put together.

(But never really got the hard evidence till much later in life around the time Mac Plus released.)

Loved the macross saga as it was billed to the point that I begged and begged for "Jetfire" cause I knew it was a "Valk", never got it hoped and wished each year though.

Alas nobody else listened to me then I scoerd a VHS copy of "Clash of the Bioroids" when it first came out.

Turns out it was a cheap edited dub of DYRL, and it became my most prized possesion.

Sure I collected Transformers, GI joe, HE Man, Centurions, Starcom, Air Raiders, Captain Power, Go Bots, and another of my faves M.A.S.K. (and anything else mom said was cool).

But the top 4 were always Macross, TF's, GI Joe, MASK, in that order.

Although growing up in Detroit there was NO Macross and Jetfire was either sold out or too expensive.

So after high school I joined the Navy and reluctantly (at first) got shipped off to Japan.

After 1 month of being dumb/bored, one of the guys I worked with wanted to watch a flick so I popped in "clash".

And as we watched it I had an epiphany/duh/moment of clarity. . . . .

"You moron you are in the Damn country where this came from, hit the streets and find the toys stores and ship it home! ! ! "

And so began the quest. . .

But as luck would have it I only found one macross valk, VF-1S MISB for 8000Yen and me that day with no cash to buy it.

So I tried to get owner to hold it for me but when I got back the next week she was gone.

Around that time Mac + was being released and I almost bought the laser disks but couldn't, no player.

So settled for what model kits I could find, and built them when the ship (USS INDEPENDENCE CV-62 by the way) was at sea.

Little did I know there were a lot of "otakus" and modelers on board, so when I got back in homeport I got pulled all over Yokouska, Yokohama, Shinagawa and Tokyo.

(Mind you not for just toys and models but the clubs too.)

By this time Macross 7 was on tv, but when you live on a ship ya don't quite get to sit down an enjoy what you want to watch with putting it to a vote (a rather large vote at that).

So it fell unto my ladyfriends to hook me up with a place to stay and watch when I could, (ohh thank goodness for those lovely ladies and the fact I'm a pretty good cook).

One day in my travels, I found an M7 Bandai VF-19S toy emerald force toy at a store and a ton of the 1/144 kits.

So I hoarded them like gold in my shop on the ship.

Soon after I was back into the ladies so Macross took an 8 month hiatus while I wooed my at the time girlfriend (now my lovely wife).

As I moved some things to our apartment before we got married I noticed the toys and models I had on the ship and moved them in too.

She noticed the stuff and right away called me an "OTAKU" while laughing her ass off.

But soon she realized that she too was an otaku her passions were and always will be Fire King dishes, Pingu and Totoro.

Fast forward 13 years, 3 kids, 3 ships, 1 tour of shore duty, and literaly thousands of dollars in toys later and she knows its not going to stop anytime soon.

Now I'm out driving trucks for a living.

Macross is my thing and I'm hooked for the long haul.

Edited by DARKWIND

just wanted to thank all the guys who served our country so that I could sit my butt in the garage at night and built all the wonderful models with out worrying... thank you.

redbull is ma best friend.. that thing can make me stay up all night.. of course I crash and brun HAAARD next morning...

just wanted to thank all the guys who served our country so that I could sit my butt in the garage at night and built all the wonderful models with out worrying... thank you.

redbull is ma best friend.. that thing can make me stay up all night.. of course I crash and brun HAAARD next morning...

Ya know I won't lie it was my pleasure to serve.

Hell, with 11 years in Japan, coming home with a beautiful wife, 3 pretty cool kids, 2 cats, and garage full of toys/model parts it was worth every mintue!

B)):lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya know I won't lie it was my pleasure to serve.

Hell, with 11 years in Japan, coming home with a beautiful wife, 3 pretty cool kids, 2 cats, and garage full of toys/model parts it was worth every mintue!

B)):lol: :lol: :lol:

there are few exception who had too much great things cuz went to military...

still thank you ^_^

Nice... is this mean we can ask for....... detail part of landing gear bay and so forth? cuz I can only get to one air show per year at edward air force base... sometimes it's really hard to get close..... :rolleyes:

I've got a DVD full of hi-res shots of landing gears I took at the Smithsonian @ Dulles airport. PM me if you need some shots... :)

sorry no the f18 mainlandingear has a hinge in the middle to obsorbe the impact of a carrier landing while the vf1 has strayed legs with a cilinder to obsorbe the impact of landing. i don't have much detail right now (office) but from what i saw that is the main differance.

to clearefy what i mean the F18 main gear is basicly "L" shaped while vf1 has "I" shaped main gear. nose gear is about the same i think but i didn't look at it very well now.

and to evil bones OTAKU means something like strange anime obsesed person.

sorry no the f18 mainlandingear has a hinge in the middle to obsorbe the impact of a carrier landing while the vf1 has strayed legs with a cilinder to obsorbe the impact of landing. i don't have much detail right now (office) but from what i saw that is the main differance.

to clearefy what i mean the F18 main gear is basicly "L" shaped while vf1 has "I" shaped main gear. nose gear is about the same i think but i didn't look at it very well now.

but... this look like f-18 landing gear no? :blink:

post-10267-1268809006_thumb.gif

yes on that picture it has dam in accurate models. >_< ever since new un spacy went down i am finding it hard to find good referance pics.

but because of the angle it could also be based on the landing gear of an F16. a side view would be best for judging the landing gear. older colleges have noticed that the vf1 looks like it is using parts from a lot of older fighters like: f14, f4, f15

Yup that's about the size of it, sort a nickname/slang type of phrase for us anime/manga/video game/ etc. etc. . .

enthuisast types/geeks.

No offense guys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also bones see if you can get a MAC flight over to Atsgui and hit up Tokyo, it will make one hell of a shopping spree.

By the way does Toys r us Japan still carry Yamato valks in stores? B)) B))

Edited by DARKWIND

yes on that picture it has dam in accurate models. >_< ever since new un spacy went down i am finding it hard to find good referance pics.

but because of the angle it could also be based on the landing gear of an F16. a side view would be best for judging the landing gear. older colleges have noticed that the vf1 looks like it is using parts from a lot of older fighters like: f14, f4, f15

I gotta find my black book (macross the movie book which I bought it back in the 80's) and see if this book have landing gear picture...

yeah it's really confusing everywhere is different.... it just (to me) looks so much better with pictured landing gear in the rear... because of that I saved whole bunch of f-18 landing gears in 1/48 and 1/72...... jeez......

thanks hibiki...

sorry don't know the answer to that one, darkwind. i always go to bic camera

Well ill be dipped, I never looked there when I lived in Yokosuka but the wife used to shop there from time to time.

How are the prices compared to the e-tailers online?

This is an important thread for us "Macross Anonymous" members B))

BEFORE my wife and I got married I warned her of what she was getting into. As long as I get a corner INSIDE the house (climate controlled) when we have to move, it's cool. Plus she knows where to find a tool (or tape measure) when she needs one. For what EXO said, yeah, I win too-woo hoo!

Then came children. We have a boy and a girl. BOTH are fans (some of you have met my son). I've had Robotech for years (before Macross got dubbed) and we've all sat down and watched that as a family. In fact my shildren still love to watch it with me! My wife and I sat and watched Macross and Mospeada before the children cam along.

My daughter has the vinyl Imai MinMei doll that she begged for me to get her. My son has several veritech Gashapons and a couple of toys (until he learns to care for his toys better). I've got a collection of models going back to Macross day one that just keeps building. I have my own closet thankfully to stash them...oh yeah and under the bed too :lol: I keep my kits in large plastic boxes for storage and protection.

I try to squeeze time in when I can. One of my children usually flanks me at the workbench with legos, playdough or a coloring book. I'm slowly losing ownership of it. ^_^

Even my parents and sister (after all these years) ask what my latest Macross project is and how's it going.

The family that Macrosses together stays together (or something cool sounding like that). - MT

WOW thats what i want, lol

I'm married without children right now, she is very supportive. She loves anime so I hope when the kids come all will be the same!! !

Well ill be dipped, I never looked there when I lived in Yokosuka but the wife used to shop there from time to time.

How are the prices compared to the e-tailers online?

the prices are good in fukuoka there is another shop that sometimes is even better but i on't remember it's name.

yes fukuoka is my japanese base of operations. the inlaws live there ^_^

the prices are good in fukuoka there is another shop that sometimes is even better but i on't remember it's name.

yes fukuoka is my japanese base of operations. the inlaws live there ^_^

Yeah, ya gotta love the inlaws, for if not for them ya would'nt have yer own slice of heaven that the wife be.