Bayonetta

Oihan

For the most part this game is great. The trial by death gameplay in a few spots can get irritating. But the actual combat system is awesome. Boss battles are over the top. Definitely one of the best new characters I've seen in along time . She should be a cosplay standard for awhile :lol:

Enjoying Bayonetta much more than DMC4 but not as much as Ninja Gaiden Sigma II.

Bayonetta figure up for preorder at BBTS

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

So, finally got around to d/ling the demo. Was a bit turned off initially because I really didn't need another bitchy witchy in my life... :lol:

Found it to be quite interesting. When it's one-on-one you can definitely take time to drive in the combos, but when it's a melee it becomes more button mashing and dodging. Think it has potential -- does it get better in the real game? Wondering whether should put down the money for it.

So, finally got around to d/ling the demo. Was a bit turned off initially because I really didn't need another bitchy witchy in my life... :lol:

Found it to be quite interesting. When it's one-on-one you can definitely take time to drive in the combos, but when it's a melee it becomes more button mashing and dodging. Think it has potential -- does it get better in the real game? Wondering whether should put down the money for it.

Yes, it does: the combat is Devil May Cry style taken to the next level. Nothing compares combat wise. Boss fights are fun too.

10k quick halos. Destroy everything in the train station in chapter 1. The train will start to move. Jump on and ride through the tunnel, you'll get 10K halos. Not as much fun as spamming the boss in chapter VII but good for beginners who are just starting the game.

The patch fixed a few things..I think. Yeah the loading times are cut down but it seems like the game plays faster and some of the screen tearing has been reduced.

Yes, it does: the combat is Devil May Cry style taken to the next level. Nothing compares combat wise. Boss fights are fun too.

Since I never played DMC, the reference is lost to me, but the game does look very good. Easy enough for a novice to get into but hard to master.

Well, if the demo and this blog entry is anything to go by, really easy. The easy mode really is what a Bayonetta movie sequence should be like. Two finger game!

Ahhhhh! Why didn't anyone warn me it's so goddamn hard but yet so goddamn fun!?!? Done up to Chapter 5, got the Durgas but I think I missed something between the Durga and the Shuruba.

Durga reminds me of Wolverine/ Lightning Claws, but I honestly prefer the Shuruba ('cept the powerup sequence). Flurry-of-blows with the Shuruba is usually quite effective.

Don't quite like the railroad nature of the game but that comes with the territory. At least they don't railroad the way you dismember the enemy. Torture Attacks are fun but unless you are good with the dodge, not so likely to kick off.

Died too many times to have good scores. The first runthrough is bound to be like this, the second I'm aiming for an "Easy" run to pick up all the pieces, to see the world at a closer level. But that's waaaay later.