Armored VF-25F (Alto) Kit Availability

mickyg

I was all set to order the VF-27 and VF25F Armored kits from Rainbow ten a few weeks back and to my dismay, discovered the Armored kit is no longer available. I emailed rainbowten but they said it was out of stock and no ETA on availability.

Bummer.

So, I see a few places have the deculture decal version (Sheryl) for a reasonable price (amiami, specifically). This leads me to two questions:

1. Does anyone know where I can still get the Armored Alto for a price that's less than 8,000 yen?
  2. Does anyone know if the Sheryl decal set comes with regular decals too?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by mickyg

Armored Alto is sold out at a lot of places. But it shouldn't be long before more become available.

The cheapest places I know of are Amiami and Rainbowten, and they're both sold out. Only other place that is under 8000 yen is Hobby Search, but it's not under by much.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10089907

I wouldn't be able to answer the decal question, other than add that I picked up the Ranka Deculture Decal Alto kit and it does not come with the regular decals.

It does have a massive decal sheet though!

Thanks. If the standard kit doesn't come with standard decals, I doubt the armored one would either. I might just have to wait, like a good boy!

Hmmm you may want to email them anyway and ask. The Ranka Deculture Decal sheet is huge; it's as long as the model box. The Armored decal sheets are small and have way too few decals for the entire model, like they were thrown in as an afterthought, so it might be bundled with the regular set.

I didn't think to check Hobbysearch, which would at least have pictures of the contents.

Thanks guys! I'll report back what I find.

EDIT:

Nope - hobbysearch don't have the deculture edition. I'll email amiami and find out from the source. Thanks for the tips guys!

Edited by mickyg

Looks like the armored kit does come with the regular decals!

Reply from Amiami:

We have double-checked the item. Yes,

Macross Frontier 1/72 VF-25F Armored Messiah Valkyrie Alto Type w/ NEW Sheryl Decal

comes with the regular decals, as well as the Sheryl ones.

Sweet!