Titanium finish Unicorn

thegunny

I just got a titanium coated MG Gundam Unicorn and was wondering if anyone knew what to use to touch up the finish in the spots where it gets cut from the sprue.

I know Tamiya make a titanium silver paint but it doesn't look the same colour.

I asked the exact same question in the Plamodel thread and you know what they said?

Don't ask.

Hm...what is it with me and Terminator quotes swimming around my head today.

But seriously - most people said "yeah, that's why some fans don't like Titanium coating - because you can't do anything to remove that."

Great :)

Pete

Yeah, those special finish coating is a pain to conceal. Though you must give credit to BanDai for trying to place most of the sure spots in hidden places.

Your best bet is to mix that colour up! Although it is advertised as a titanium finish, it looks more like a metallic pearl gloss finish.

Another idea it weather the gundam up and try and hide those un-coated parts with more weathering.

Using a super sharp and new razor blade, slice the finish you want off the extra sprues into a thin layer, cut to shape and fit n glue into the "sprue sore spots".

It is hard to do but if you can pull it off, looks good enough to fool most people, especially with a clear coat.

Always cut and PUSH AWAY from your body, and do not PULL the blade TOWARDS you. Good luck.

Yeah, those special finish coating is a pain to conceal. Though you must give credit to BanDai for trying to place most of the sure spots in hidden places.

Your best bet is to mix that colour up! Although it is advertised as a titanium finish, it looks more like a metallic pearl gloss finish.

Another idea it weather the gundam up and try and hide those un-coated parts with more weathering.

Thanks for all the suggestions B))

The weathering suggestion hit the nail right on the head, thanks Andy.

I've got some of those Tamiya makeup set type weathering kits and one of them has silver in it and it seems to match almost perfectly.

Going a bit OT but how the hell did this post end up in the Anime & Sci Fi forum when I posted it in the model forum :blink:

Edited by thegunny

The Models section is strictly for Macross models only. And this thread should be merged with the existing Gundam Plamodel Thread.

Well pardon me for drawing breath without your permission <_<

Well pardon me for drawing breath without your permission <_<

The mods like to keep things nice and neat around here and generally shut down threads which are rather superfluous when there is already a thread which your topic would have melded in with, so in all honesty it's a wonder it was moved and not closed.