Junk Art

MaveRick

Hey guys, other than my posted macross scratch builds.. i've also have smaller scratchbuilds done even before i started the Lauch arm build.

thought i might share it here too.. please be kind, as most of the of them aren't macross related stuff (and I'm not really sure if it belongs to this section):unsure:

to start.. here's my rendition of the protoform version of Starscream:

3491035538_d2fafd94ea.jpg

3491035534_54679e9e59.jpg

3491035532_73ebc8ccfe.jpg

3491030504_4699550707.jpg

3491030502_31521ff2d6.jpg

3491030498_e6b204f637.jpg

scap materials used:

- Chalk

- Busted earphone

- Illustration Board

- Folder

- Staple wire

- soldering iron

- ballpen tip

- Toothpick

- Elmers Glue and Might bond

- Regular pylox

- electric wire

- some gundam kit scraps

Edited by MaveRick

Well it shows that you should keep all those left over kit parts, you never know when Maverick might need them :)

Im interested to know did you just glue some bits together and then just come up with the idea as you went along or did you have a "plan" ?

shiroikaze: mom has this nasty habit of keeping trash.. we always ended up arguing at disposing them, but for some reason sentimental whatsoever.. it ended up being stack at our storage room.. just thought of anything that could be done to dipose them, thus the scratch building thingy.

big F: it's mostly glued using either superglue or regular glue, depending on the material used.. other parts my need sculpting. as for planning.. no formal planning actually, just tried to familiarize the model i'm basing it with, then just pick up any scrap materials that can be used to form a particular part/section.

Excillon: thanks.. yeah i agree on the head part.. the second mecha's actually at scale 1/200.. sculpting the head appears to be harder than i've expected.

here's a part of the Launch Arm where i used a regular chalk, then carve it:

3528574428_8d43102d4b.jpg

here's another work in progress..

3806140999_df2f66aa25.jpg

3806141003_58252a7d16.jpg

Edited by MaveRick

This reminds me of the thread where someone said all they had was a coffeemaker and something else (?) and they built this (insert photo of Deathe Stat) :lol: Looks great! - MT

I've thought about this actually, building a custom Gundam because I have so many old MG and HG kits that are boxed up and I save all my extra pieces. I also have a bunch of AC kits, wonder if I should try it...