As Close to Real Life as Macross Gets

VFTF1

Just to keep it within the "Anime or Science Fiction" mould - mayhaps this could be a thread where - if people find real life examples of things they've seen/heard only in science fiction or anime - you can go ahead and post them. The one below is what I consider a real life example of some of the main themes in Macross - both SDFM TV and Macross 7.

Technically thread is "as close to real life as Macross gets" - so maybe that kind of limits this to Macross...I dunno... I was wondering where to post this.

If there's already a thread that this can go in, please lock and I'll just repost there.

Some choice quotes from this article:

Fisher believes the path to reconciliation is for young men like Shine to lay down their weapons and pick up microphones. "Even [during the war] the rebels put down their guns when the music came on," he says. "The military and the rebels danced together, and when they're dancing, they don't have to fight."

"When you go to a club and the music says, 'Go down, go down,' people go down!" says Aruna Hakim Dumbuya, a.k.a. Wahid, one of the musicians at Body Guard on the rainy Saturday. "And when the music says, 'Come up,' they come up. If you say 'Make peace,' people will make peace."

Article is here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090803/wl_time/08599191392800

Please don't get into a geo-political discussion about this region, who did what, who is to blame for what blah blah blah. It's all very interesting, I'm sure, but it'll likely lead to discussion that are outside of the bounds of the rules (aka get into Politics).

If you ever run into other examples that very clearly refer to Macross - please post...assuming that this thread lives past the morning :)

Pete

Yeah... I kind of figure that will be the fate of this thread... but... if it is locked - can someone tell us where to post stuff like this? I mean - it is minimally relevent :) sorta ... as a kind of marginal-interest item.... Maybe? :p

Pete

Yeah... I kind of figure that will be the fate of this thread... but... if it is locked - can someone tell us where to post stuff like this? I mean - it is minimally relevent :) sorta ... as a kind of marginal-interest item.... Maybe? :p

In a political forum, perhaps? Topics like these get preachy and we'd rather not get caught up in it.