Hikaru VF-1S

indigofx28

anybody here encountered a loose heatshield??

mine fell off on its own while transforming it to battroid...

My heat shield falls off my 1A all the time. :(

It's just the nature of the slide joint. I have had this problem with every 1/48th I have ever had even the supposedly fixed Low Viz. To a degree I'd rather have it loose and fall out, instead of so tight if it gets twisted the wrong way it breaks.

never thought of it that way....

nice one... :D

That gap is a result of not transforming the valk back properly to fighter mode.

The T-bar must be pushed fully into its two little U shaped holders when in fighter mode. It is simply not enough to just press the intakes and the chestplate together. And yes, I have done this to the new VF-1S and succeeded. It's not mine though, and I have yet to see any flaws. I don't know about the loose airbrake you're talking about, it was fine on the one I transformed. I'll be ordering six from Tamim next month, so we'll see if there are any real mistakes.

Man, if you guys think that's bad, let me tell you this one. Grab the box and take a look at the pic of the valk in battroid mode on the back. Now look at the color of the dot on his head. What color is it? Yep, RED! In fact, you ca see a yellow halo around it, as if they didn't quite fix it in PhotoShop. Now grab your valk and look at the head. What color is the dot. YELLOW! [sarcarsm]It's enough to give a Macross fan a heart attack![/sarcasm] :lol:

BTW, glad you guys received'em!! :D

Maybe the molds are starting to degrade, and the tolerances are suffering because of it. Depending of course on the strength and composition of the molds themselves, minor flaws inevitably happen folks....

Edited by myk

Thanks Man!!! This is easy, just grab a red marker and dot over it lol........... and is red!!! Hee hee. As long as i have that hikaru 1S, just a red dot is fine :p

BTW, i notice that there is alot of QC INSPECTOR on MW. There is not a SINGLE Valkyrie here that score a 100% here and complain here complain there!!!! NOTHING IS PERFECT, GIVE AND TAKE people.

just my opinion and not to offend anybody. :):):)

I'll be ordering six from Tamim next month, so we'll see if there are any real mistakes.

Planning on starting a whole Carrier Air Group are we? ;)

Man, if you guys think that's bad, let me tell you this one. Grab the box and take a look at the pic of the valk in battroid mode on the back. Now look at the color of the dot on his head. What color is it? Yep, RED! In fact, you ca see a yellow halo around it, as if they didn't quite fix it in PhotoShop. Now grab your valk and look at the head. What color is the dot. YELLOW! [sarcarsm]It's enough to give a Macross fan a heart attack![/sarcasm] :lol:

BTW, glad you guys received'em!! :D

That is, indeed, curious. I can't imagine what possessed them to make it yellow. Although, I'm sure if MWorlders had it their way, Kawamori-san would be in the Yamato factory going over each individual Valk meticulously. :p I'm all for consistent QC, and things like trading old flaws for new ones is not an attractive option to me, but I'm inclined to believe Hurin and Kensei about gaps. Little things like yellow dots, while annoying, are not enough for me to fly off the handle.

I just got my Hikaru in and in fighter mode there are MAJOR GAPS?????  :angry: Did yamaie just get shotty with their manufacturing process now that they've made so many vf-1. <_<

I also have the same problem but when in Gerwalk the gap does not appear I'm sure this can be fixed by just transforming it carefully :D

There aren't any gaps in this photo:

Box_in_2.jpg

that was just the prototype to make it look good

that was just the prototype to make it look good

The Yamato Conspiracy turns its ugly head yet again.

"This prototype looks great...let's do something to #### it up!" ;)

Edited by Draykov

I plan on getting one of these along with some fast packs (YEAH, YEAH, I know I said I was down with the Yammie 1/48's, but I can find some more space)

My question is, what was the missile loadout for Hikaru's VF-1S near the end in DYRL? Did he have the standard (4x RMS, 2x MicroMissile pods) or was it the other one (4x MicroMissile pods)?

I plan on getting one of these along with some fast packs (YEAH, YEAH, I know I said I was down with the Yammie 1/48's, but I can find some more space)

My question is, what was the missile loadout for Hikaru's VF-1S near the end in DYRL? Did he have the standard (4x RMS, 2x MicroMissile pods) or was it the other one (4x MicroMissile pods)?

check it out yourself:

Hikaru's missile load

somebody else can take a screenshot of when he was being launched.

Edited by treatment

check it out yourself:

That's a lot of hardware being pointed at your face. :o

Is it just me, or does that look like a big nut sack behind him?

Edited by Draykov

check it out yourself:

That's a lot of hardware being pointed at your face. :o

Is it just me, or does that look like a big nut sack behind him?

Mmmmmm weeeell.... :(

I also thought that minmay was smaller than the vf-1... bu-bu-but... well, back there, you can see a pair of... err... gloves... (!?) :blink:

manu

Well, I put my order in today for a Hikaru 1S and Fast packs (GOD DAMN YOU YAMATO, YOU ARE MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO SAVE FOR MY G35!)

hmmm, maybe I'll have to sttle for the slightly cheaper 350Z... stupid anime hobby <_< ...

ahem, anywho...

I now find myself in a pridicament... where to put it... My shelf only has enough space for 3 yammies, so one's (namely the Low Viz)gotta go... uh, somewhere...

see below...

post-4-1068661219_thumb.jpg

Edited by SuperSkylineGTR

Just out of the box not transformed at all period. It's not a matter of GAP but the matter of consistency based on the japanese production porcess. I hold them to a higher standard than us. They seeem to always get things right then this. I have figured out that the tabs in the back of the legs are too long in comparison to the older vf-1s and vf-1a. I just fileit down with a dremmel tool.

just as Draykov Yamie needs some consistency in their mass production line. :D

.....ummmm, dude, these toys were made in China!? :blink:

I don't understand what the complaint is about. It's a GAP! I got mine with a missing gunpod nozzle. Some poor overworked, underpaid guy probably forgot to glue the fool thing on, but do you hear me complaining? NOPE! I took action, contacted HLJ on the same day I got the toy in the mail (Nov. 10), and got a reply on 11th about the email I sent them, and now (12th) they informed me that Yamato replied and will send them the missing part. They'll be sending it to me as soon as they get it, which I assume would be a couple of days, two weeks tops.

So what's the use of complaining other than wasting bandwidth? Your problem is a gap, it's not like the toy came to you with missing legs.

You have a problem with the toy you got? ACT ON IT for cripessake!!

That gap is a result of not transforming the valk back properly to fighter mode.

The T-bar must be pushed fully into its two little U shaped holders when in fighter mode. It is simply not enough to just press the intakes and the chestplate together. And yes, I have done this to the new VF-1S and succeeded.

And there's the solution kiddies.