Macross that you haven't watched but you know you must?

taksraven

• 2 weeks later...

For me, it's Macross 7, and I have heard alot of bad things about this series...

However, I have heard some awesome music online from this series, so I'm willing to give it a go. ^_^

Have to jump in with more M7 harping... never saw it, never will... I plan to re-visit MII at some point to get it all under my belt so to speak. Re-watching F now, and will rewatch Macross in its new remastered state with friends who haven't seen it or DYRL... and then see about MII. Crazy. Takes a lot of energy to be a fan!

Edited by AngelBird4

Have to jump in with more M7 harping... never saw it, never will...

I used to think both Macross II and 7 weren't that good. But after watching them I liked the designs a lot. Also, right now I'm a Guitar Hero/Rockband freak... and I just realised that Basara from 7 had a guitar controler in his valkyrie!!! (nearly a decade before it was invented).

I haven't seen Macross Dynamite 7 completely and some episodes of Macross 7. Yeah, I know I should... B))

Mac II is the only big one I'm missing, and I have no interest in it.

You should. Its got pretty good non-Kawamori designs. Koichi Ohata and the other designers did a good work creating new Valkyries/Destroids. The battleships also look very good. There are 2 old Pc Engine games that are prequels to the alternate continuity of Mac II and also have very good mecha and character designs.

post-7862-1245629927_thumb.gif

post-7862-1245629949_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1245629988_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1245630069_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn